We Meet Again

A ring sounded in my ears as my body had finally begun to allow me to resurface back into conciousness. A dull ache reverberated throughout my back and the back of my skull, causing me to groan in discomfort.

Memories from last night filled my head, and just as the last one popped up, my eyes snapped open. A white ceiling greeted me, but as I looked around, biting my lip at the pain in my neck, the room was a pleasant maroon color with accented tans and black.

I was obviously in a woman's room, but who it belonged to was a mystery in itself.

Another groan escaped my chapped lips as I struggled to sit up slowly, but before I could completely sit upright the bedroom door opened and in came a short old woman in a white coat.

We stared each other down for a couple of seconds before a smile spread on her beautiful yet wrinkled face.

"Hello there, sweetie. How are you feeling?" She asked me as she walked over to me and shined a light in my eyes for a second, before nodding to herself.

"I'm alright I guess. A bit of back and neck pain, but I think I'm good." I responded with a small smile on my face.

"Oh yes, you'll be feeling that for a few days, Hun. I would advise that you take these pain relievers for the time being and make sure to stretch every now and then ok? You're gonna be staying here until your recovery." she told me.

I raised an eyebrow at the last thing she said.

"Says who exactly?" I asked her, feeling a bit skeptical about who would want to keep me from leaving.

"The Alpha. Alpha Harris. He's the one who brought you here and surprisingly with no punishment after they took out the rogues who were chasing you." She said as she checked to see if my heart and lungs were working properly.

"Well if you dont mind I'd like to speak to this Alpha Harris who thinks he can tell me where to go and where not to go." I stated with a bit of annoyance being noticeable in my tone of voice.

"I'll let him know, so while youre waiting for someone to bring you up some food, please take these, and I'll have someone bring you up something to drink with your meal." She said as she placed two pills in my hand before making her way to the door.

"Oh and before I forget, my name is Denise but you can call me Doc." She said with a smile before exiting the room, closing the door behind her.

A sigh escaped my lips as I looked down at the pills.

"Oh how did I get myself into this?" I groaned as I laid back down, rolling onto my stomach as I got myself comfortable and quickly fell back asleep.

***

Whispering

I could hear people whispering somewhere in the room as I came back into conciousness, but kept my eyes closed as I listened in on their conversation.

"I can't let her go back, Denise." said the oddly familiar masculine voice.

"For what reason is that, Alpha? She does not belong to this pack." responded who I'm assuming was the old lady from before.

"It's complicated. Just make sure she doesnt try to run away." stated the man before the room filled with silence for a minute or two.

"As you wish Alpha, she requested to speak with you as well." said Denise who sounded slightly annoyed.

" She can meet with me when she is healed. Until then she is not allowed in the west wing, understand? Have one of the pack members around her age escort her if you don't want to do it." He ordered.