Chapter 16

That Friday, Cupa, Oka and Ayano sat upstairs in Cupa's bedroom getting ready for the formal dance. Taro was coming to the house to meet Cupa, and Ayano wanted to make sure she looked perfect. Oka had agreed to be Ayano's date to the dance, and also wanted to make sure everything went well for Cupa. Neither girl wanted her to die from her Hanahaki disease. Ayano was curling her cousin's long brown hair while Oka finished doing her makeup. Ayano and Oka were dressed and ready for the dance. They were interrupted by a knocking at the door. It opened a second later, revealing a fairly young housekeeper.
"There's someone waiting downstairs for you, Cupa." She said before closing the door and continuing her duties. Ayano and Oka squealed in excitement, knowing it was either Taro or Taeko. They quickly finished perfecting Cupa's look before running down the stairs as best they could in their fancy shoes. She put on her shoes before heading out to meet them.

Ayano and Oka ran down the fancy stairs leading to the front door together, seeing Taro waiting for Cupa. He was wearing a really fancy tuxedo, his tie in a matching colour to Cupa's dress. Ayano and Oka were wearing black dresses, Ayano's was fairly simple and pretty while Oka's was more gothic and cute. Taro looked up at them, a little disappointed to see it wasn't his date.
"Hey Taro." The girls said in unison as they reached the bottom of the stairs, standing beside him while they waited for Cupa. After a minute, she came to the stairs. Taro couldn't take his eyes off of her as she walked down the stairs elegantly. She was wearing a short pink designer dress, silver sparkly designer heels and beautiful jewellery. Her hair was in loose curls, and she looked like a real life princess.
"Wow..." Taro breathed as she reached the bottom of the stairs. He was rendered speechless by how she looked. She was the most beautiful girl he had seen in real life. She giggled a little bit, a light blush taking over her cheeks. "Y-You look... stunning." He told her in complete awe. Her blush deepened as the group headed out to the limo that was taking them to the formal. She was now really looking forward to the formal dance.

Taro and Cupa had split off from Ayano and Oka, but they didn't mind. They didn't want to ruin Cupa's chance to make Taro fall for her. Ayano had gone to the bathroom, and Oka was waiting for her nearby. She looked up, seeing Budo approaching her. He looked pissed of. He stormed over to Oka, shoving her against the wall.
"It seems like little Oka-chan didn't take my warning to stay away from Ayano-chan. Now Oka-chan has to pay the price." Budo said with a sickly sweet voice, threatening to punch her in the face with the fist raised above her head. She whimpered, looking up at the fist. She genuinely feared he would punch her. He would've done if he hadn't been interrupted by a voice.
"Budo! What have I told you?" Ayano shouted loudly as she stormed over to him and Oka. He put down his fist, looking at her. He tried to act all innocent, but Ayano could see in Oka's eyes that it wasn't a joke. She grabbed his tie and pulled him down to her level so their faces were inches apart. "If you ever so much as threaten my precious Oka, I will break every bone in that little body of yours. Are we clear?" She threatened. He nodded his head quickly, knowing Ayano was strong enough to take him down. She smirked as she stood him go. She turned her attention back to Oka, who was looking up at her with awe. "Come on Oka. Let's go back to the dance." She took Oka's hand and they both headed back into the gymnasium.

Taro and Cupa were on the makeshift dance floor when the song changed to 'All Of Me' by John Legend. The school gymnasium had been decorated for the formal dance. They both had a smile on their faces as they looked up at each other. He got down on one knee, holding her hand.
"Miss Cupa Kurosagi, may I have this dance?" He asked, a slightly cheesy smile on his face. She couldn't help but giggle. He stood up, keeping hold of her hand, before she had the chance to give him her answer.
"Of course you may, mr. Taro Yamada." She giggled as he stood up. He smiled and held her close to him. They began to dance like most of the other couples that surrounded them on the makeshift dance floor in the middle of the gym. He was gazing into her beautiful heterochromial eyes while she was gazing up into his grey eyes. There was definitely a connection between them. The moment was perfect, the lighting, music and atmosphere was just right. Taro pulled her a little closer, leaning in. She also leaned in, their lips an inch apart...