Chapter Five

Luna was sitting under a tree, by the lake. She was painting a beautiful picture of a mermaid when she noticed Ginny storming towards her. Knowing something was wrong, Luna put aside her painting, waiting for Ginny to reach her. As the furious Gryffindor arrived at the tree, she started to speak in a fast and angry voice. "I can't believe this. Ron and Harry had the gall  to insult me for being- well I'm not, really, but maybe I am. I just- I don't know, Luna. It's so confusing." Luna patted the ground next to her. "Come sit." Ginny sat down in a huff, spilling her books everywhere. Luna looked at her with a curious expression. "You just need to relax, Ginny. It's going to be alright." "How? How, Luna? My brother hates me for loving you. And I don't want to choose between you and my family. They just lost Fred," her voice broke a little at that. "They're recovering from the war. I can't just spring this on them. I can't break them like that."

"You won't have to. If they really love you, which I know they do, they'll understand. They'll accept you. But if you aren't ready, we don't have to tell them." Ginny sighed. "I don't know, Luna. I just...I don't know." She closed her eyes, taking a shuddering breath. "I wish the world would just stop. I just want everything to go away for a while, just so I can take a moment to breathe." Luna leaned over to the girl, her fingers drifting around Ginny's waist, her other hand directing the redhead's chin towards her face. "I know something that could make it stop."

And suddenly they were kissing, for the second time that day, and Ginny felt her arms encircling the other girl, pulling her closer. It was so amazing, the kiss almost made her dizzy. The sun shone down on the two girls, illuminating their embrace, and Ginny smiled through the kiss, the sun's warmth heating her up even more. It was so perfect, it rivaled each and every one of Harry's kisses. As Luna pulled away, Ginny sighed with the agony of stopping, and pulled her back into the kiss again. Luna moaned, having no idea why they didn't do this all the time, this was so much fun. The feeling on Ginny's lips and arms, instead of satisfying her made her crave it more. She wanted it so much, to never stop. But it did. Ginny pulled away sharply, looking up at something behind Luna. It was Proffessor-sorry-Headmistress Mcgonagall.

"Um-hello, headmistress. H-how are you today?" Mcgonagall stared down at them, her eyes squinting down at them. "Sorry, ma'am, we were just-" "Ms. Weasley, I can't believe it took you fighting a war to finally kiss Ms. Lovegood." Luna and Ginny's mouths dropped in shock. "Um, pardon me?" Luna asked. "I know that boys and girls are not allowed to have any inappropriate displays of intimacy on school grounds, but seeing as you are just two girls...the bathroom is open any time." Mcgonagall walked away sharply, waving her wand at two students who were hanging upside down from a tree, causing them to float into the air before landing on the ground. 

"I can't believe we just got snogging advice from Mcgonagall." Ginny looked over at an incredulous Luna. "Well, she is our teacher, so we'd better do our homework."

Playlist: "Only Love" Ben Howard, "Say Hey (I Love You)" Michael Franti & Spearhead, "One Lovely Day" Citizen Cope, "California" The Lagoons, "Flowers In Your Hair" The Lumineers