Chapter 8 The Shooting

Ace's pov
*bang* *bang*, gun shots hit my tired ears as I slowly threw my body out of my bed and grabbed my pistol on my oak nightstand. I silently pushed in my loaded mag, ready to shoot on sight. My Teeny, tiny feet tip toed to my bedroom door. 3,2,1 now. I grasped my gun tight, aiming down the sight as I opened the door.

Nothing?

It went deadly silent, the wind was the only thing heard apart from the creaking floorboard on my right. Instantly I snapped my neck to the right but I was too late, a baseball bat came swinging my way, my poor head got hit , I was too tired to react quicker.

I laid on the ground squirming on the cold hard floor, muffled words came from my attackers slimy mouths. Maybe I can see Lily again? No don't think that way, we were built to stay alive, we are fighters.

Everything went cold, dark, I was alone once again to fend for myself.

Zak's pov
"You fucking idiot, you weren't meant to harm her yet!", I shouted into the phone.

I'll fire these guys another time. For now I need Ace. She is the most powerful fighter I have ever known, she can beat any grown man, he'll, she killed Kevin, our supposed to be all powerful gang leader, he was meant to be more powerful than his own members but that's clearly a lie.

After a couple of hours, in come my stupid men with Ace. I motioned my hand for them to leave.

Once me and Ace were alone in my room I pulled a book down, it opened a secret room that only me and Kevin knew about. I threw the lil munchkins' body over my shoulder, in that moment I took a trip to memory lane.

Zak's flashback

"Kevin! Why do you care soo much bout the kid?", I questioned with a slight smile.

"Look, this kid has something I need, I want. She is daughter of the most powerful gang in the world, imagine the power, imagine her power", I knew he was crazy but never this crazy.

"How about Lily?"

"Oh, that kids worthless we can get her dad to kill her, we no longer have any use for her", he smirked to himself.

Third person pov

He never cared for the child Ace, to her, he was her world, he was her everything. She looked up into his eyes as if the world matched them for life.

Being a little child, she wanted to be just like him when she was older, she wanted to be better then him.

If only her little mind would see the truth behind broken walls.

Nothing could hide that evil smirk of Kevin, he planned her future and present, all ending in tears. Was this some sick game he planned beyond the grave? Or was that just his bad luck of turning pale?

A little girl with bright blonde hair came crying into the arms of a demon, a devil. Her pure heart was turned black that day.

Infront of her stood a grave of a child she tried protecting with her life, it now stood lifeless without any function in the world. Behind the crying girl, you could see the smirk of Kevin growing by the minute. He captured a pure heart and turned it black, he turned her into him.