Chapter 15 Gang Leader On A Break

Blake's pov

"hey bro, how you holding up?", he placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

At the time my mind was some where else, Ace, "why'd you let me die!", I kept hearing her angelic yet tough voice make my body tense up. Soo as you can clearly see I'm not in a good mood right now.

"Not in the mood, leave me alone!", I quickly stormed off the couch and into my room, the only place I can have serenity and some alone time with my mind, the only thing that'll kill me.

I jumped into my bed with a load thud , it's been strangely quiet in the gang house, I hate it soo much. No shooting, no fighting. It hasn't been the same since that day, the unfortunate incident, my mind kept bringing back the day of the funeral and how I walked away from the site like a little pussy, I could see myself standing the right now, turning my back away because of the sadness that came with it, my flashback was suddenly stopped from voices outside my bedroom door.

"Goddammit Jason, talk to him, help me, you've known him longer than any of us", I heard hushed tones outside my door. It was Jewel and Jason arguing.

I know they care about me and all but I can't forget what happened and who's fault it is. Mine and Adam. I shouldn't have let my injury get the best of me, for Adam, that bastard let her fucking die and I can't ever forgive him for that, he's done worser things but this tops all of them, I'm glad he didn't show up to the funeral because he's not welcomed near my my family again.

"Jewel, he needs time", just like that I heard footsteps get further away from where I laid, I was grateful Jason understood me well because I wasn't in the mood for any one comforting me any giving me the same warm speech after speech, I'm a gang leader for goodness sakes, I'm not meant to break down and stay in my room for hours, I'm meant to keep my gang strong but I don't believe I can anymore if I can barely look after myself.

I've been drinking, my room was littered with empty bottles of alcohol, syringes laid used on my bed stand, opened condoms were scattered all over my room, I fucked girls day and night to ease the pain but nothing worked.

I went back to smoking and getting high again, to be honest I only stopped taking drugs and smoking when I adopted Ace but it seems I'm back to square one again, back to this shit hole I call life.

That brings me to why I even adopted a kid. I sigh at the thought because of how stupid it was at the time. Do you really think I would randomly feel like adopting a kid? No, I control the most powerful gang In the world, of course not.

I adopted ace because I made a bet with my closest friend, he said I could never look after a kid for a week, long story short I adopted ace to win a bet then after a week I was gonna ship the kid back.

Please God give me the one thing I ever cared about in this world you created for demons.