Unexpected

I do not own OUAT, any of it's cast or characters or plots. However, I am a faithful watcher and I am very interested to see how season 7 will go. This is just a quirky little thing that I found online as a prompt so I figured I would try it out and see how it goes.

Unexpected

3rd Person

Killian had insisted on walking her home, not happy with her being alone at the dead of night despite her being the savior. He was being a gentleman and Emma had been all over him for it, kissing his cheek at least a million times and had gone to kiss his lips but he'd backed out by pretending to fall over.

As much as he was desperate to kiss her, to hold her close, he didn't want it to happen that way. He didn't want her to be under any spell. He said he would win her heart without any trickery, yet somehow this has to be it. He doesn't know what's happened to her but it isn't normal. This isn't his Emma.

Because that's what she is now, his Emma. That's what she's calling herself to him as he walks her to the door, that's what she's thinking, what she wants. She thinks she's his, that she has him the same way he has her. It's as if to her, they're partners or in a relationship of some kind.

Then again, telling a woman you love her does usually mean a relationship is taking place in some way, shape or form.

It's true. He stands by what he told her, he always will, he loves her, that's not a lie. How could he not? Yet he had barely admitted it to himself before she was sobbing for fear of rejection, fear that he didn't love her back and she'd just laid her heart on the line for him but got nothing back. Killian couldn't leave her that way, he couldn't leave her waiting and wondering or thinking she wasn't good enough.

Emma was too good for him, far, far, far too good. She's the savior, a princess and a hero, she deserves far better than a two hundred-year-old pirate with one hand and a drinking problem. That's what kills him, what's making him feel all the worse. He can pretend all he like and cover it with swagger and charm, but Killian Jones isn't Captain Hook, not really. He's afraid of many of the same things as Emma, like not being good enough. However, he knows for certain that he doesn't deserve Emma Swan.

But somehow, by some miracle he thinks, Emma told him she loved him and had seemed to mean it. He had certainly meant it when he'd told her the truth that he does love her, but that isn't his Emma.

The Emma he knows wouldn't be with him this way, she's far too close to hate him to even consider wanting a relationship. He can't blame her. If he was her, he wouldn't want to be with him either, but it's nice to pretend.

His thoughts are stopped when Emma pauses at her door, turning to him with obvious love in his eyes, smiling wide yet nervous. "I would offer you to come inside but I don't pillage and plunder on the first date." She winks, leaning on her doorframe, his jacket around her shoulders.

"I heard that in this realm that's a third date privilege?" He asks, flirting so that he doesn't seem off to her, and it works in keeping her comfortable because she giggles, nodding.

"You heard correct." She steps closer gently, her hand laying on his chest, feeling his heart beating rapidly. "But for us...maybe it could be a second date thing?" She offers, smirking softly. "I mean...Neverland must count as a date right?" She asks. "We kissed, flirted, sounds like a very long date. But I'll count it as one if it means...pillaging next time?" She giggles.

He chuckles softly despite everything in him screaming to never ask her out again if it meant taking advantage like that. She needed to be herself should they ever take that step. That's something both Killian Jones and Captain Hook agree with, it has to be fully consented to, not under the influence or their opinions altered in any way.