[7] Smug

• DAVID •

• DAVID •

I slowly woke up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I suddenly freaked out.

Did I dream that?

I turned around to see Simon with his eyes closed, sleeping peacefully. I bit my lip.
Before rolling back to my previous position and  breathing out slowly. His phone rang quietly in the background, muffled in the pockets of his abandoned jeans.

I'd just slept with Simon Cowell.

I suddenly felt his strong arm subconsciously wrap around my waist, pulling me closer as he slept. I relaxed, sighing and closing my eyes in our moment. He was still asleep.

I rolled on top of him, kissing his lips so he would wake up. He groaned under my weight, his eyes still closed.

"Morning." I mumbled, smiling.

He peeled open his eyes and stared into mine.
"Sh*t."

"Did we?" He asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled, sleepily.

••

The next Saturday.

I missed him.
I hadn't seen him since that night, yet we'd had whispering phone calls and secret messages.
Lauren was furious with him for not answering his phone that night, so she was suspicious and was keeping a close eye on Simon.

I sighed, grabbing my phone and texting him. My soul missed his.
To: Si
I really miss you. Xxx

The reply was almost instant.
From: Si
Meet me at the studio in ten. I need to see you.

My eyes widened. The show was tonight, but he wanted me to come in early. It was normally only him who went in early.

"David!" Simon exclaimed as I walked in the door, making him jump. I chuckled, kissing his lips softly.

"H-Hi..." I said, and despite the fact that we'd slept together, he still made my heart thump with nerves.

"So," he said, his upturned lips falling a tad, "this came through my door this morning. Lauren almost opened it."

He handed me the envelope. Inside was the picture, printed, with another piece of paper.
It read,
Thanks for the 400k. You're secrets safe - for now. Until the money runs out. See you.
I rolled my eyes at the note, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his lips.
"I'm so glad that's all sorted." I said, smiling into the kiss.