Epilogue

Nine years later.

Lucah:28
Amelia: 27

Lucah

I watched as Addilyn ran around our yard, her little hands flying in the air. I yank her up, and spin her around. Her little giggles fill the air, and I pull her close to my chest.

My wedding band sparkles in the sunlight. Laken comes outside, his little voice reaching my ears.

"Daddy! I wanna fly! I wanna fly!" He screams.

I laugh at his statement. I place Addilyn on the ground, and run to my son. I pick him up, and twirl him around. He laughs and screams, his arms flailing in the air.

"Lucah?!" Amelia yells from the kitchen.

I sit Laken down, and smile at the sound of my wife.

"Yes, beautiful?" I reply.

"Help me bring everything out! I'm sure the kids are starving!" She yells back.

In unison, the kids voices boom, "food!"

They're my kids alright. I walk into the house Amelia and I bought a year before our marriage. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

The day I asked her to marry me. She had just turned eighteen, I would be nineteen in a few months. It was in the café, and I pulled it out of my pocket, everyone watching, but I was only watching her.

I loved her, and I wanted to marry her. So, I did. It's our five year anniversary today.

Our children are four and three. Laken is our eldest, and he favors me and Amelia both. Addilyn on the other hand, is Amelia made over, just with my attitude.

Amelia is leaning against the counter, looking at me happily. She walks over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck. She plants a kiss on my lips, and it's filled with just as much passion and love as it was the first time we met.

"Ew," two little voices say in unison.

Amelia laughs, her eyes dancing in the light. I turn to our kids, and I can't help but smile. We made them, beautiful children, who will grow up and be successful.

"Hush, you two." Amelia laughs, "who's ready for dinner?"

"Me!" They scream.

"Come on, beautiful." I laugh, hauling my wife by the waist, a plate of chicken in one hand, and her in my other.

I will never grow tired of her. I watch as she cuts their food into tiny pieces, and Laken makes a face at his green beans.

So yeah, this was my life, and I was happy with it.

I loved it.

I will always love it.

***
Amelia

Five years.

It's been five years since our marriage.

Four years since Laken's birth. Three since Addilyn's.

My family was everything to me, and I would not change a thing about it. Connar was going steady with a girl named Camila, and I no longer hated him.

He visits every now and then. The kids love him, and so do I. Lucah...well, he doesn't hate him anymore, so that's good.

He quit drinking when he realized I wasn't coming back till he was clean. Camila and I get along, and the kids love her, too.

Sheila married Matt, and they adopted a child, Charity. She is beautiful, and she and the kids get along.

So, my life is amazing. It's my dream. I'm a successful lawyer who is still finishing a few courses in school for another degree, Lucah is an architect, and we have two beautiful children. Love is around every corner in my life now, and I wouldn't change it for anything.

My heart swelled with pride every time I looked at my children. My heart skipped a beat every time I thought about my husband.

I still wasn't used to saying that. Husband.

It wasn't enough. He was more. He was my soulmate. Love of my life. He was before anyone else.

And my children, my beautiful children! They are so pure, and sweet. Their sticky little hands fit in mine perfectly. The way their chubby cheeks light up any room they're in.

So, yeah. My life wasn't perfect to many people.

But it was to me.

It was more than perfect.

And I loved it.

I loved them.

For once, I loved life.

***

I know, short! But I couldn't leave you guys hanging. Thanks for reading!

Much love!

Btw check out my new book, The Edge of Death or the sequel to Collision, Catastrophe. It's finally out, and now you can follow the story of Addilyn, their daughter. 

Bye,

Your Author,

TMC ❤