(Lucina x Male!Reader) Feelings From The Future

Lucina wandered around the camp in search of her father, she suddenly heard laughing coming from one of the tents. Knowing that the Shepherds could enjoy themselves at times like these made her smile, she hadn't seen much laughter in her future. There wasn't much to laugh about either way, in order to push down her thoughts of the future she approached the tent and heard shuffling from within. Suddenly Inigo popped his head out and smiled at her, "Ah, its you Lucina! I didn't think you'd stop by." After he finished a few whispered shouts and shushes was heard.

"It seems like you're having fun, I'm glad." The always smiling Inigo nodded and beckoned her closer. "Why don't you join us? Owain and Severa are here." Severa popped her head out and nodded along with Inigo, "Yeah, come rest for a bit Luci!" She then yelped and hissed at Owain, calling him an idiot. Lucina smiled at all this but shook her head, "I'd love to but I'm looking for my father."

Before she could walk away the trio grabbed onto one of her limbs. "Y-you can search for him later! Just um... Have some tea with us!" Inigo practically pleaded with a nervous smile on his face, Owain then blurted out something that seemed odd to her. "Right! Besides he's busy talking to-" both Inigo and Severa covered his mouth. "Robin! He's with Robin!" Severa quickly finished with a nervous laugh at the end. Despite her confusion they insisted that she stayed with them for a bit, to which she agreed to. The morning was filled with tea and light banter until Inigo suddenly asked her something.

"Is there anyone you miss? From our future I mean." The trio looked at her with great interest as she thought of an answer. Honestly there wasn't much to miss, all of her friends had escaped the future hell that Grima would bring. Although there was one person who was a lot more than just her friend. He was the only one that could keep up with her and that stayed with her throughout the endless war. Although he was too far gone to be able to be there with them, he saved her life but paid with his. Before Grima could consume her she was pushed out of the way as fear blinded her, all she could hear was the flames and all she saw was her beloved get eaten by Grima. A tear had made its way down her cheek as she began to recall the memories she wished away.

"I really miss him... I miss (f/n)..." She couldn't hold back the tears and choked in between sobs, Severa rubbed her back to provide comfort. It wouldn't heal the pain she felt but it could at least calm her a bit. The trio hung their heads low as they remembered bits of the future with (f/n) in them. They tried not to dwell on it too much but couldn't help but feel bad for the princess. Suddenly Severa got up and held out a hand to her, Lucina looked at her with a confused expression.

"We actually have a surprise for you, and I can't wait for you to see it." Lucina took her hand as they walked outside the tent. The evening sun was setting and the sky was a mixture of blue and orange. They quickly walked towards Chrom's tent and the trio nodded at each other, Lucina was told to wait outside while Severa went in to ask something. She wasn't exactly sure what was going on but it was probably one of their attempts to distract her.

"Alright Luci, here's your surprise." Severa said as she walked out of the tent, a hooded figure followed closely behind as Robin and Chrom exited the tent. The hooded person stood in front of her and froze in place, they pulled down their hood and soon Lucina was frozen in place. In front of her was the man she had fallen in love with, the man that gave his life for hers. She couldn't tell if she was dreaming or if the man she thought that died was actually there, smiling the warm smile that always calmed her nerves.

"(F-f/n)..." Lucina hugged him tightly, afraid that he might dissapear if she let go. He hugged back without hesitation, enveloping himself in her warmth and tearing up as his heart began to flutter. "I thought I'd never see you again." He spoke with a low voice, letting go of the Ylissean princess for a moment. Lucina was confused and afraid that it might be just a dream, "I saw you...getting s-swallowed by Grima. So how...how are you here?" He stared into her eyes and saw the brand of the exalt, he found it beautiful and absolutely breathtaking. "I'm not too sure myself, I remember falling as soon as I was in Grima's mouth. Then I suddenly woke up at a village near here, once I heard the locals talk about the Shepherds I knew something was odd. Well that and the lack of flames startled me as well."  He jokingly finished, trying to ease her nerves a bit. The warm smile never left his lips even as she gazed back into his (e/c) eyes, she smiled back at him with tears of joy now rolling down her cheeks.

The others watched on as the event unfolded, Owain and Inigo had large grins on their faces while Severa simply smiled with a satisfied look in her eyes. Chrom wasn't sure how to feel about this new person who was in love with his daughter, but he was happy for her nonetheless. Robin smiled while poking an elbow into Chrom's side gently, Chrom cleared his throat and approached to two.

"Ahem, from what I've been told you two are really close." Chrom spoke in an awkward tone, both Lucina and (f/n) nodded. "And it seems like you've done for her what Robin does for me, which is something I can't ignore." Chrom grew increasingly tense with each word and looked at Robin for guidance, Robin only nodded and gave a reassuring smile. "I'm not a man for speeches although I will say this, you have my approval and trust. Thank you, for saving Lucina and for being by her side." The unexpected comment made Lucina smile bashfully, (f/n) smiled sheepishly and thanked Chrom.

"I guess that makes this a whole lot easier then." (F/n) spoke as Lucina looked at him with a confused gaze. He got down on one knee in front of her and looked up at Lucina's azure eyes. Lucina gasped at the gesture as he reached out for her hand, she placed her hand on his gingerly. "Lucina, I wasn't able to say it before because of my own stubborn nature. But, gods strike me if I back out, I'll take this chance to unveil my feelings to you. After all that we've been through and everything that we experienced, I want you by my side in this new future. Not as a friend or my exalt, but as my wife, because I love you, Lucina." He presented a ring in his other hand and gazed at her lovingly, "only if you'll have me of course. After all, you are royalty and I'm just another soldier."

She nearly smacked him as he spoke the last sentence but hugged him instead, crying into his shoulder. "You're more than a soldier to me, so much more. Fighting alongside you helped me realize that. I love you, (f/n), with all that I am. It doesn't matter if I'm royalty, you're the only one who makes me feel this way. I've already lost you once and I refuse to lose you again, so yes. Yes, I'll marry you." (F/n)'s eyes widened in surprise as he picked her up in pure joy. Once he put her down Severa spoke up, "Finally! Now we can start planning, right Luci?" Severa winked as Lucina giggled while nodding to her. Inigo and Owain grinned at (f/n), "Looks like even I was beaten at pick up lines!" Inigo nudged him with his elbow as Owain began shouting some nonsense. 

Truly, the gods have given them another chance at love and a better future. May it last for the foreseeable future.
________________________

Hey sorry for the long wait, I have a book report and my book is due the 21st (I haven't even started it yet ;-;)

I hope this one wasn't too sappy or rushed, I'm kinda under a lot of pressure rn due to me not doing my summer homework early. Updates might be a bit slow since I'm trying to finish this book in a day and I have to take notes and whatnot, also since I still have chemistry and spanish to do so yeah.

Feel free to request anything though in the meantime, I'm not going on hiatus anytime soon. It just might take me a while for this y'know?

Other than that, have a great day/night/ whatever!