Chapter 2

If the world stopped when someone was heartbroken, then I wouldn't be on my way to work right now, driving over the bridge where we first exchanged the words I love You. I also wouldn't be hearing our song, or what used to be our song, on the radio.

"Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you"

We met at my cousin's wedding, I was a cousin of the bride and you a friend of the groom. They played the newly married couple's first dance song and then the Elvis hit. You told me that you couldn't take your eyes off me since I walked in the room. Those words made my heart skip a beat and my stomach flutter. I didn't know then how much you would make me feel like that in the years to come. I hope you felt the same as I did.

"Take my hand,

Take my whole life, too

For I can't help falling in love with you"

Maybe if I wasn't so heartbroken, I would've answered my cell phone that was ringing from the cup holder, under the radio blasting what used to be our song. I knew it wouldn't be you so what was the point? It's probably just Liam wanting to tell me about his plans for the night, hoping I will join him. I'll just check what he wants when I get to work.

"For I can't help falling in love with you"

I used to love that song. 

~

251 Words

I promise I know what's going to happen in this... 

~Rebecca