Dragon Light

Smaug/Stella from the predacongem367 story Dragons Of Chicago (it's so good so please check it out!)

It was a cold night as Stella stood motionless between the rustling trees waiting for the moon to bathe her in its silver light. Her dark purple hair fluttered in the wind before she crouched down and felt her skin morphing as she transformed into her dragon form. It was of corse dangerous to be flying around in her dragon form but to Stella it was an exhilarating chance to be free. The constant itch to change when human was unbearable to her and all she wanted was to get away from everyone else. Which is what she was doing, just flying in a random direction leading her nowhere. That was the plan until she paused mid-flight as she caught the sent of another dragon. She was too close to Chicago to have flown into someone else's territory so, being young and reckless, she flew down to where the golden dragon sat.

Smaug's POV
I sat waiting for the purple beauty to land beside me. It wasn't like I meant to fall in love, it just happened, but then someone found out I was half dragon and here I am in the middle of the woods about to get us both caught because of my selfish emotions.

"What are you doing so close to the city?!"
Stella asked as her deep purple eyes stared into my golden ones.
"Waiting for you to find me. You can't leave someone with one kiss as they're being thrown out of the city now can you?"
I whispered moving closer towards her.

She stared at me as shock and recognition rippled over her face before she turned back into her human form. I folded my wings and did the same.

3rd person POV
The two stared at each other before Stella wrapped her arms around Smaug and kissed him. It wasn't a goodbye kiss like the day he was thrown out, this was a warm welcoming kiss and they cherished every second of it.

"You know I have to leave Stells?"
Smaug said breaking away from the kiss.
"You know I won't lose you again!"
Stella protested as Smaug turned away from her.

Smaug just sighed and drew her close to him in a hug, a goodbye hug. Their sadness clung to the air around them as Smaug turned away and walked into the moonlight. Stella knew she couldn't follow him so turned back towards the city and began the long melancholy walk back home.

*hundreds of years later*
Stella picked up a battered old book from the library shelf as she traced over the cover, 'The Hobbit'. Dragon magic was an old forgotten skill but traveling dimensions was thought of as a legend, it was never considered to be real by all but one dragon. All but Stella.

predacongem367 this probably sucked but I hope it wasn't too bad