xxxvii. jeff atkins

no song

no song

  jeff atkins, for lilwaffle « 

    I stood at the candy counter with Clay, Hannah was getting popcorn out of the machine for a customer.

"We are just so lonely it's sad," Hannah said.

"Yeah, Valentines day at the cinemas, except we're here to serve everyone on their dates," I chuckled, Clay looked miserable and I knew why.

"Why am I even here, you're meant to be cashier, move it girl," Hannah said loudly, pushing me to the front counter where the next customer and their date was standing patiently.

I smiled and looked at them. It was Jeff Atkins.

"Hello, how can I help you?" I said way too enthusiastically.

"We'll get two tickets to that valentines day movie," his date said, Jeff stared at me as this 'girlfriend' tried speaking to him but he ignored her.

"You're Amanda, from school, right?" He asked, I looked up at him and nodded, passing his tickets to them but he didn't take them, "you look so cute in your job clothes." he said out loud, i frowned but smiled at the same time.

"Well... thanks?" I chuckled, the tickets still in my hand, but he refused to take them.

"I'm the one who threw notes at you in second grade because I had a huge crush on you." This made everything more awkward. His girlfriend giggle with annoyance and snatched the tickets out of my hand then dragged Jeff away.

I was way too shocked at this time to serve the next couple so Hannah pushed me away and made me get food for everyone.

____

    Clay and Hannah decided to go outside and left me inside to say bye to everyone who left the theatre.

I sat on the counter cross-legged with my cheeks resting on my hands.

I looked up as I saw everyone walking out of the theatre, I was way too lazy to get up.

"Rubbish in bins please!" I shouted and pointed to the bins, as I was pointing around the room I felt two hands on my shoulders.

"Amanda," Jeff smiled as he jumped over the counter and joined me.

"Hey where's your date?" I asked him.

"Uh, she's over there," he pointed at a brunette holdingg hands with a tall blonde boy.

"How are you unaffected?"

"Monty hooked me up with her, she was okay but I hate girls who flirt with every boy they see," he was still smiling.

"But, you were like, flirting with me before so she was probably like 'Oh I don't like boys who flirt with every girl they see'!" I mimicked her, he chuckled and shook his head.

"No, you see, you're not 'every girl', you're special, you know?"

I stopped smiling and felt my cheeks burn. I was bad at recieving compliments, especially from boys, especially from boys like Jeff.

"And you're the first person I've flirted with since second grade, that was you as well."

"Oh my god, how do you even remember?" I asked him.

"That doesn't matter."

I nodded and watched as Hannah and Clay walked in.

"Hey, 'Mrs steal your boy'" Hannah smirked as she saw us together.

Clay had the happiest look on his face.  I wonder what they did out there.

"So, let's go on a double date," Jeff told us all, Hannah looked over at Clay who was staring right back at her.

Jeff turned his head to me, "by double date I meant that you be my date and Hannah and Clay go together," he smiled again and jumped off the counter, wrapping his arms around my waist and picking me up.

"Smooth Jeff, really smooth," I giggled, my arms around his neck as he held me.

____

a/n

I want this to happen to me but nobody likes me!!!!!!!1!!!

sincerely yours, liz