01 | a rescue of the snakes

"YOU ARE HEREBY SENT TO AZKABAN." Just as the stamps were about to reach the paper, the two doors were pushed open, loudly.

"Wait!" My voice echoed throughout the court.

"Miss Weasley? What is the meaning of this?" The minister asked, shocked. I smiled.

"Minister Shacklebolt, if I remember correctly, the accused's have the right to present a witness for his or her case. Is that correct, Minister?" I asked. From the corner of my eyes, I saw every death eater look at me in shock, but I ignored them all. Kingsley raised his eyebrow but nodded.

"That is correct. Do you wish to speak to the accused's defence? And who do you wish to speak for?" Kingsley asked. I looked him in the eye as I said the names of the ones I wish to defend.

"Pansy Parkinson, Vivian Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, Kennedy Zabini, Narcissa Malfoy and lastly, Draco Malfoy. They are the ones I wish to speak for." I declared. The said people looked at me with shocked faces.

"Hmmm. Very well. Please provide your name and designations for the assembled members." The minister said.

"Katherine Nymphadora Weasley." I paused before looking at every single individual present, excluding the death eaters. "The girl who protected, protector of all, vanquisher of the Dark Lord and his minions, the all-powerful one, owner of the elder wand. Heir to the Prewett, Weasley, Tonks, Lupin and Black family. Order of Merlin; First Class." I hated showing off, but I wanted everyone to know what power I held.

"State your defence."

"The death eaters, those names who I said, were all forced into the battle by their husbands or their fathers. Trust me; if the family members that sided with Voldemort were not their family members, they would not be here. They were all threatened, especially the Malfoy's." The council began to whisper to each other. Most of them had a look of disagreement on their faces.

"And what is your proof?" One person, sitting next to the minister, asked. I narrowed my eyes but replied nonetheless.

"From the memories of Severus Snape, which have already been submitted to the ministry," I looked at Kingsley for confirmation and was given a nod.

"Then what about Malfoy's assignment to murder Albus Dumbledore?" I looked at the owner of the voice and saw that it was my, oh so lovely brother, Percy. I narrowed my eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Malfoy never killed Dumbledore. Malfoy had a choice. And he chose to put his wand down. He chose not to kill Professor Dumbledore. He chose not to commit murder. It was Snape that killed Dumbledore, and that was done by the Professor's request."

The whole court burst into whispers, again, at the newfound information. The minister and the guy next to him were whispering to each other, and after a few minutes, they silenced the whispers, travelling around the court, with a raise of their hands.

"The accused's have all been released of their chargers." Kingsley nodded to everyone in the court. "As they have been found innocent of all charges, it hardly seems necessary. Yet, those in favour of clearing the charges of the innocent?"

Every single person, including Percy, raised their hand. Relief swept over me as I looked at those who I defended. They were looking at me with shock but then had a look of gratefulness cross their faces. I smiled and walked over to them. I grabbed their hands and apparated us to Malfoy Manor, wanting some privacy.

Silence, that was the only thing heard. It lay on our skin like a poison. It seeps into our blood and paralyses our brain, our pupils dilate, and a tremor in our hands form. Their face was one of shame, yet they had nothing to be shameful of.

"Why?" I heard a whisper. It echoed throughout the quiet hall. I look towards the owner of the voice, Draco.

"Why what?" I asked softly. He raised his head and stared at me with watery eyes. My eyes soften immensely, as my heart was given a tug.

"Why save us? Why help us? We were so mean, rude even. Hell, we even made fun of you and your family. Yet, you still helped us. Even after all those things we did and said." This time it was Pansy that spoke. Tears leaked from their eyes. I smiled softly.

"Everyone makes mistakes in life, but that doesn't mean they have to pay for them for the rest of their lives. Sometimes good people make bad choices; It doesn't mean they are bad. It means they are human, just like the rest of us." I quoted. 

They all then came running into my open arms, the kids only. The mothers looked at us with loving yet teary eyes. Tears soaked my black shirt, but I didn't care. They needed to let out all of their emotions, to release the tears that were bottled up inside of their chest. "It's gonna be okay. Everything is gonna be fine." I cooed. The mums gave me a warm look and then came up and hugged me.

"Thank you." I heard all of them whisper. I gave them a closed eye smile.

And that, my friends, was the beginning of their story.