Chapter 2

"Places like this always make it seem like paradise is a real thing."

Octavia's POV:

I can't stand the thought of stay a whole month alone with Ryan! Honestly I don't want to wake up to that everyday.

I let my hair stay the same. I didn't put on much more makeup. I did change into a better outfit.

 I did change into a better outfit

It was about 6:30. I was waiting downstairs, on my laptop watching makeup tutorials. I was in vested in watching the tutorials that I didn't realize someone was sitting next to me.

"What are you doing here?" I said as I turned to face him.

"Well I've been sitting here for fifteen minutes waiting for you." He said as he lets a little chuckle out. "So are you ready?"

"Yes!" I said as I closed the laptop. "Just let me grab my purse."

"Woah, not so fast!" Said my dad as he came down the hallway.

"Dad, we're leaving." I said as I tried to push Toby out the door.

"No, let me have a little chat with Toby here." He said as he looked at me then shifted his head to Toby. "So Toby, what are your plans with my daughter tonight?"

"Well, sir. I'm planning on taking her out to dinner then to the carnival." Said Toby as he put his hands in his pockets.

"Okay, dad he told you now can we go?" I said pouting.

"Get her back no later than 11:30." Said my dad as he waved a finger in the air. "Now go have a fun time!"

We got to his car. Toby being the gentleman he is, he went to open my door and closed it for me.

"So the carnival?" I said as buckled myself.

"Yes, the carnival. I remember a few days ago you said you had wanted to go, so for our date I thought I'd take you." He said as he took his eyes off the road to smile at me. "And there's a Ferries Wheel."

"Ferries wheels aren't my thing." I said as I looked at him but he was watching the road.

"Trust me, you'll like them." He said as he turned his head for a few seconds then looking back at the road.

*****

"So this is the place you picked for dinner?" I said as I hopped out of the car. "Buffalo Wild Wings?" I let a little chuckle out.