MY Beautiful Neighbour-Part 1

Rohan,

As the loud alarm filled my room I groaned...why the nights are so short..why can't we have longer weekends...feeling lazy and staring at the ceiling for good 15 min I moved out throwing the duvet off my body...moving over to the balcony of my bedroom. Six in the morning the breeze was still cool...inhaling deep I smiled looking at the mesmerizing waves fighting each other to gain dominance. Leaning on the railing I took a look below...

Roaring Heights is city's best and most expensive town ship currently...people staying here take a pride in it and so do I. It includes many villas and apartment buildings in the township. My apartment is situated at 20th floor...as I love heights whether it my career or my house...I love staying on the top... A voice made me turn...''Sir coffee'' That's my man Friday Vishnu....he takes care of my house....closing my eyes I took in the aroma of coffee...I love the first cup in the morning...looking down I watched people taking morning stroll in the in park of our township ...while others are busy practicing yoga or laughing their heart out to good health in a laughing group.

 I heard some honking, that must be school buses...school that's the best time of an individual's life...a small scoff escaped my lips as I watched some kids being dragged towards their buses...while they did all to escape the dreadful Monday. Sipping the coffee, inhaling the breeze I am ready again for a long week.

A soft jingle made my head turn....I smiled looking at the source...it was a wind chime...creating those soothing ripples as wind caressed it...So someone had moved into the apartment I had seen the luggage moving in 2 days back...but had no idea who had come . There are 3 luxury apartment at each floor of my building. 2 were occupied and one had been vacant for months..Actually it was owned by media communication firm...they provide accommodation to their female employees...we have so many of them leaving the township Well may be some fine day I would invite the new neighbor over a coffee...Just hope the neighbor to be a cool guy like me and not like Stella and her roomies. Since they moved in next door....I feel like a girl being stalked by perverts .They never seem to get tired of flirting with me..on the serious note they are good girls...true and honest...smiling I straightened my back to move in, when I got a glimpse of my neighbor....my beautiful neighbor....She stood against the railing looking into the space....wearing a cotton night suit and her mid length hair pulled up into a pony tail...I blinked....she stood like a carved statue without even moving a muscle lost in her own world...then she lifted her hand to wipe her cheek. Wait was she crying...may be she was missing her family...should I introduce my self??? My mind debated...and then out of the blue I blurted; ''Hello neighbor'' ...After a moment she turned her face to me...blinking twice...don't know what went over me and I started blabbering; ''Hi I am Rohan...and you are...''

''Jhanvi '' came her curt reply....before I could speak a word more..she walked away...''WOW !!!Rohan ...you just got a royal rejection...what the hell were you thinking...behaving like a lost puppy '' Chided my mind...slapping my head and giving the empty balcony I walked back to get ready to start my week. Locking my apartment I gave one glance to the closed door on the opposite before getting into the elevator...

Jhanvi

They say your name has strong influences in your life...must be true...my name is synonym of a deity Sita...she incurred all the pains life threw at her for her husband the man she loved the most, to be left alone in the end...same is my life...when I got the offer from Star communications ....it was like a topic of envy for my peers and friends...they felt I was lucky to get it. No one.. for once took a look at the hard work I did to reach this position...Chief Editor I smiled...I should be happy ...about the salary I got....happy about this large luxurious apartment...but I am not...because I am alone...I have always been...I paid the prize of being a good girl...a good daughter a good sister...I cared for their happiness above mine and what I got in return that what I did wasn't enough. I was called selfish when I disagreed to them...Its then I decided to take off...I was ecstatic when they offered me accommodation it saved lot of my time and effort running around the unknown city to find myself a place.

My things reached here 2 days before and I landed yesterday night...the manger of the township handed me the keys after directing me to my apartment...any one would gasp jump squeal just at the look of it...I didn't ....because alone among these walls I feel hollow...I couldn't sleep all night...twisting and turning I kept reminding myself that all will be fine . That I am brave and will sail through...but somewhere inside my heart whimpered in loneliness...staring in the dark I waited for sun to go up...I wanted to start afresh leaving all the behind.

I must have slept around the dawn...morning I stretched my aching body to relax my muscles a bit...its still a week in my joining ...moving out into the balcony I smiled...the view was beautiful...white waves crashing up and down seemed to be ready for the week... ''Jeetu would love it'' as the words hit my mind a lone tear made its way to my cheek....no one has bothered to call and check on me..not even Jeetu...the brother I did all for...the wind chime rattled musically soothing my nerves...it was a gift from my best friend...sometimes friends understand you more that your family...

After looking around for a while I decided to move in to get my stuff in place when a deep voice halted my steps; ''Hello Neighbour'' My eyes met his....he was tall strong with smiling eyes...well I have seen too many of those smiling eyes ...they don't affect me anymore...I decided to ignore but he started of like a recorder; '' 'Hi I am Rohan...and you are...''

''Jhanvi'' ....with that I walked off...I had no intention to know him or anyone...done with friends and all I will keep to myself now...live for myself...this is my world and I will make myself happy...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So started with a new one...hope you like it..