My Beautiful Neighbour-Part 2

Jhnavi

After arranging my stuff , I decided to clean my apartment ...the door bell rang interrupting my cleaning schedule. I answered , there at the door stood a lady in her late 30s wearing a traditional Marathi sari with a big bindi on her forehead she greeted me smiling wide..she pointed to the door of the opposite apartment ; ''your neighbour informed me about a new person shifting here...do you need house help...I am Shanta'' Staring at the opposite door I moved my eyes to her , well I am thankful that he send her...I hate doing dishes...after getting the things all in place with over energetic and talkative Shanta I crashed on the couch....she speaks so much , on the top of it none of her words made sense . But after days I am smiling ...Shanta's banter seemed to have lighten up my mood. I decide to explore my surroundings...since I have decided upon how to lead my life I should make an effort to be happy...

After taking a stroll at the nearby beach, I walked across the shops getting familiar with my neighbourhood. Picking some groceries I decided it was time to head back home. I stood there waiting for the elevator fumbling with the shopping bags. With a ding the elevator doors slid open and just then the bag grip broke . The vegetables I bought with so much zeal started rolling in all directions and I was running hay way chasing them.. while chasing a rowdy tomato my fingers came in contact with a hand which had grabbed it. A wave a electricity went down my spine .Lifting my eyes up I came face to face with my neighbour Rohan....he smiled. Dressed in denim and smart black shirt he looked handsome...smiling he greeted me; ''Hi there neighbour'' ; ''Hi '' was all I said in response...Standing in a corner of the elevator I could feel his gaze on my face heating it up. Right now I hate myself for getting affected this way...I am sure he could read the nervousness written on my face. My eyes went to the display, 10 for floors to mine....plus it seems this car is going to stop at every damn floor... not knowing what to do I decided to be an Ostrich, shutting myself off from my surroundings..closing my eyes I leaned on the shining steel wall of the elevator waiting for my floor.

The day seemed to have decided to bring out the worst in me...I was digging my bag for keys when one of the shopping bags fell with a thud. Half nervous of his presence behind me and half irritated I watched the stubborn tomato again rolling to his feet. He squatted and picked it up grinning at my irritated expression; ''This seems to be in love with me'' he spoke while walking in my direction....; ''you can have it then...'' with that I hastily unlocked the door moving in...I heard a soft chuckle on the other side of my door. That night I took out my revenge on the brothers of that cheating tomato.

With passing days I befriended Stella and her room mates. Frankly I tried all to keep myself away but the girls had so much warmth that I hardly could keep my hard demure ....Stella was rebel, she came from a rich family in Goa. Her parents had fixed her wedding with the son of a family friend , but Stella wanted to be something. She tried convincing and reasoning with them...but as per her parents she had enough to live her life comfortably. Hence she refused the boy on the altar , angering her family and groom's..Her parents asked to choose and she did, her dreams...

I watched Stella as she started some where; ''Do you miss them....'' She took a deep breath turning towards me; ''yes I do...I even miss Aron....he was my childhood friend...I knew I would lose him forever after refusing him on the altar ....But it wasn't fair. One moment of other's satisfaction I can't live next 40yrs of life in regretting the same moment as cowardice ...and see here I am a successful art director '' She clapped smiling wide at me she was clearly happy about the decision she took.. turning to the setting sun Stella spoke again '' ....Jhnavi with time things fall in place.....I believe in that'' Turning to me she folded her arms to chest; ''your turn...tell me the reason for that pain in your eyes'' her question shocked me ...turning my eyes away I faked a smile; ''its nothing..just home sick'' Stella took 2 steps closer lifting my chin up she softly calmed me; ''its ok .. you don't have to if you don't want to...its your life darling...you decided. Our conversation was broken by Ridhi , Stella's roommate she called us both as it was time for movie ....we chatted over the dinner and after that sharing a cup of coffee...The girls had decided to take me out for a weekend dancing night....well it's going to be my first experience...God help me.!!!