H E A R T B E A T | 03

Definition of HEART.BEAT
ˈhärtˌbēt/
noun ; the pulsation of the heart.

I SAT AT THE TABLE WITH OUR LITTLE  group longer that I would have

I SAT AT THE TABLE WITH OUR LITTLE group longer that I would have. I was anxious not to be late for class on my first day. Two of my new acquaintances , who named Emery and Edwin , had Biology II with me in the next hour. We walked to the classes together. Emery is shy but Edwin is hyper while we walking. He just can't stop talking , telling us jokes and ask a few dumb questions-just to make us laugh hysterically. I feel lucky enough today because I met such a goofy friends. Emery just laugh shyly well because she do have big crush on Edwin since their freshman year. Her thoughts though-so loud to hear.

When we entered the classroom , Emery went to sit with Edwin. In fact , all the tables were filled but one. Next to the center aisle, I recognized Jasper Hale by his curly honey blond hair , sitting next to that single open seat. As I walked down the aisle to introduce myself to the teacher and get my slip signed , I was watching him surreptitiously. Just as I passed , he sits still but close enough to my seat. He stared at me again, meeting my eyes- I looked away quickly , going red again.

Mr. Hanz signed my slip and handed me a book with no nonsense about introductions. I could tell we were going to get along. Of course , he had no choice but to send me to the one open in the middle of the room. I kept my eyes down as I went to sit by him , bewildered by the excitement in his aura he'd give me.

I didn't look up as I set my book on the table and took my seat , but I saw his posture change from the corner of my eye. He was leaning a bit closer to me; which I ignore and pay attention to the teacher. I heard very clearly when the chair next to me moved , but my eyes stayed carefully focused on the pattern I was drawing. I tried to focus on any boy's voice in my head- searching any weird thoughts.

"Should I say hello now ?"

And I instantly look up to him. He's a little bit shock due to my action. He try to keep it cool and look down to his book. Thinking he should say hello to me - I looked down when he start to turn his face again. My mind is constantly went blank. Not knowing what to do or say to his thought. I continue on taking notes carefully , aways looking down.

The class seemed to drag longer than the other class. Was it because the day was finally coming to a close , or was it because I was waiting for him to say something at me? It never happen; he continued to keep staring and then look down. He keeps doing that a few times and it's somehow started to get on my nerves. I tried to calm myself down because things he did keep risen up my heartbeats. If only , if only he have any animals hearing , he could hear my uncontrollably heartbeats.

After a few seconds , I finally calmed myself over these butterflies in my stomach and my heartbeat beating like normal.

I peeked at him one last time , and regretted it. His face was looking down and frustration shows up on his face. I finally decide to speak at him first since his face show that expressions. But before I can , Emery was standing beside me.