I N V I T A T I O N | 1 3

DEFINITON OF IN•VITA•TION
noun; a written or verbal request inviting someone to go somewhere or to do something.

THAT MORNING, I WOKE UP TO FEELING NUMB AND EMPTY AGAIN. No matter what I do to make things better by myself it's only worsen each day. Why it is so damn hard to forget about him? Why? We don't even that deep when we start or barely trying to start anything at all. I brushed my hair off of my face and sit up on my bed. I don't even bother to look outside the window-didn't bother to check the weather too. Instead of checking the clock on my bedside table, I walk into my bathroom and take a ten minutes long shower.

I put on my white shirt with dark green jeans and slipped on my navy jacket. I packed my camera and its battery into my bag while thinking what more should I brings to the La Push. Last time I checked what's in my camera, it was the pictures of the big wolves I saw in the meadow. I'm debating with myself whether I should delete it or not. It could be the proofs that I'm not insane but at the same time I don't know why I felt that I have to delete it. It's there somehow.

At the end, I decided to keep it and maybe, just maybe show it to Juliet and Emery. After all, I'm staying with Juliet the whole weekend this week. Somehow, mom's already convinced that I can drive by myself to La Push.

I've done packing things and clothes so I went down to downstairs to catch up on breakfast with mom. As soon as I reached the living room, a fragrant scents poking its way through my nose and I'm almost running to the kitchen to see what's mom is cooking for the breakfast. It's been a while our kitchen didn't smells like this. I recognize this scents so much.

"Morning, Jasmine! You woke up early today." I put down my bag on the floor and head towards the oven. My guess was right.

"You're making an apple pie! Mom, it's been a while you didn't make them!" I hugged my mom and she just laughed it off. It's true after all, it's been a while she didn't make an apple pie for me. The last time I remember she made an apple pie was the day before my father left with his new bitch. It hurts to remember but since then she never make an apple pie. Does this show that she long way moved on from dad?

"Yes, I'm making it. Can't you see it in the oven?" She said.

"How much time is left for it to be done baked?" I asked while looking through the glass of oven.

"Five minutes left. I know you're craving for it lately, aren't you?" I nodded slowly and made my way to the dining table. She then walked to the sink and did the dishes while I'm pour myself a glass of chocolate milk. No, I'm not a fan of original milk flavor because I'll end up throwing out simply because of it. But mom told me that milk is important for my growth so she found another way to made me drink it. Still, I do not like it so much but I have to for my own benefits.

"You know, you can bring some for your other friends." I nodded slowly while drinking. I'm being so childish that I can't take my eyes off of the oven-while waiting it to be done. After mom done with the dishes, she took a seat and start on the newspaper. I looked at the clock on the wall-its reading 8.48 a.m.

After what I felt like an hours, the apple pie finally baked. I finally got to eat a piece of apple pie before mom packed half of it for Juliet and Emery.

"Please, eat the other half with your friends. It'll be better to have it with some company." I nodded annoyingly. Mom wouldn't let me have another piece cause she'll know I'll be the one finished all of it. Mom's apple pie is the best I've ever had and no other could compare to it. She packed the apple pie in a soft blue Tupperware and then held it out tome. I took it and put on my bag on the floor.