twenty one || real life

june 11th 2023
__________

just as cleo finished packing her case, she heard keys rattling in the door. meatball jumped up from his spot on the bed and ran towards the sound, curious as to who it was.

"hey buddy!" sebastian grinned, closing the door and dropping his bags to pet him.

cleo took a deep breath. she hadn't been in the same room as sebastian for months. she missed him, but she was too stubborn to do anything about it.

she slowly walked out of the bedroom and into the living room to see sebastian laid on his back, with meatball stood on his chest.

"hey," she mumbled, making him jump. he hadn't expected her to still be there. he stood up and brushed himself off.

"hi," he smiled. "i didn't think you'd be here,"

she shrugged and leant up against the doorframe.

"my flight isn't until tonight," she paused. "i can leave if you want?"

sebastian immediately shook his head.

"there's no reason for you to leave,"

cleo nodded and smiled, before walking over and wrapping her arms around him. he stood there stunned for a few seconds before copying her actions.

she pulled away and awkwardly crossed her arms.

"we should talk," he sighed, sitting on the sofa. she curled up on the armchair, and looked at him carefully.

his hair was short and thankfully, he'd gotten rid of the god awful mustache he'd grown for the film he'd just wrapped on.

"i'm sick of us not being together," he started. "i miss being with you everyday, i miss how pissed off you get when i leave socks laying around for the dog to eat,"

"i know it's been rough and i know we argue more than anything, but that's who we are! we wouldn't be cleo and sebastian without a little argument here and there!"

"what i'm saying is, i love you and i'm willing to do whatever as long as you come home,"

she ran her hand through her hair, taking in everything he'd said.

"i love you too," she mumbled. "but i need time,"

sebastian frowned.

"i'm so busy at the moment i can't... be here, i can't be a good wife! it's not fair on either of us to just 'fix' everything and then me leave for a month,"

"if we're going to fix us we need to do it properly, we can't half ass it! until we have the time to do so, it's best if we remain how we are,"

"okay," sebastian responded. "if you believe that's what's best, i do too,"