twenty eight || real life

august 12th 2023
__________

cleo brushed herself off and walked into the bar she was meeting sebastian in. she'd come directly from an event so she was in full makeup and an uncomfortable dress.

"it looks like my birthday came a day early," sebastian smiled, standing up to give her a hug. she rolled her eyes and shoved him before wrapping her arms around him.

the pair of them sat down and ordered some drinks before they began to talk.

"why'd you want to meet me?" he asked, taking a sip of his beer.

"i'm ready to do this," she responded, brushing her hair out of her face. "i'm ready to fix this,"

"i have nothing booked, except legion in a few months, i know you don't either after this month. let's go away, let's stay at home, let's do something i just,"

she paused.

"i love you so much, i've been such an idiot! i just.. i hate fighting with you, i thought taking a break would work better than sorting it out like adults,"

sebastian smiled and held her hand.

"but i was wrong, and too stubborn to admit it until now,"

"yeah you're stubborn," sebastian chuckled. "but that's one of the many reasons i love you,"

"i've got a con in chicago at the end of the month and then the world is our oyster, where do you want to go?"

she sat there and thought for a moment.

"i have no idea," she sighed. "let's just throw a dart at a map or something,"

"sounds like a good plan," sebastian responded.

the two of them sat there for hours, talking about the things they'd missed the past couple of months before they eventually decided to call it a night. 

"you know, you should come with me to the con, it'll be fun," sebastian smiled as they walked towards the cab they'd called.

"i'd like that," she smiled.