Chapter 43~ Make Me Forget

Heat advisory. Children cover your eyes. You have been warned.

Chapter 43

Bard kept me held to him, my legs securely wrapped around his waist, his lips locked with mine. Everything about it, about him. It was so much more than I'd thought it would be. More than I'd ever imagined.

I couldn't fight it, couldn't fight these feelings, couldn't fight him, not anymore.

Long silken strands felt like heaven between my fingers as I gripped his hair, held him to me, accepted him and everything that he'd offered.

All my life.

I'd never had anything good.

All the years of loneliness, all the suffering, all the pain.

Enough.

For once in my life, I wanted something real and meaningful and honest.

Bard was all of those things.

Bard was so much more.

My mind cleared, my spirit freed, the battle to keep away ceased to exist.

Bard was mine, and I was going to let myself have him.

I kissed him back with urgency, gripped him tighter, pulled and demanded. "Bedroom," I murmured, ready, more than ready, so fucking ready.

Bard groaned, and his fingers curled tighter against my legs as he shifted course away from the couch and headed towards the back.

When he broke the kiss to open the door, I gave into temptations that had been swirling through my head since the day I met him.

My mouth explored, his jaw, his neck, biting, kissing, tasting. He was like a fucking drug, and each inch I allowed myself to go, only made me want to go further.

"Dammit, Tequila," Bard groaned. He stumbled through the door, barely caught his balance, then quickened his pace towards the bed.

He flopped us to the mattress without releasing his hold, then recaptured my mouth with his. Rough hands moved with purpose. They wandered over every inch of me, shoulders to arms, the curve of my waist. They gripped and pulled at the material of my shirt, then slid under to run across smooth skin.

"Tell me you're sure," he said, voice tight, mouth breaking away to run opened mouth kisses across my jaw line.

"This is the first time I've ever been sure," I whispered, and it was. Bard would never hurt me. The realization shocked and freed at the same time. Bard wasn't dangerous.

Bard was safest place I'd ever been.

His chest rumbled, a deep vibration that almost sounded grateful, and his mouth found mine again and hovered just above. His tongue ran along my bottom lip as his hand pushed deeper under my shirt and cupped my breast. He sucked in a breath.

I couldn't breathe. It was as if I was in a cyclone, surrounded by nothing but whipping sensations and need, held centered by the weight of the man above me.

I ran my hands down his back and lightly bit down onto his bottom lip. Each of us taking, each of us giving, two people joining as one.

I pulled at his shirt, and Bard lifted far enough to allow it be pulled away then dropped back down and kissed me gently.

When he started to do the same to mine, I stiffened.

The scars, my scars.

He'd seen them before, but that didn't make it any better. I didn't want to be... damaged. I didn't want to be broken.