Chapter 2

What is this feeling? I just want to show Italy more appreciation that he's here but.... it doesn't feel like appreciation. It feels different somehow. Why am I acting so weird and why am worrying about him so much? When I am around him I become so vulnerable....weak. He is just my ally, that's all.

I silently debate with myself while bobbing the tea bags in our mugs. I crane my neck to look at him, watching as he struggles to remove the sticky pasta goop from the pot. He has his sleeves rolled up to his elbows and his face was red from the effort of scraping the pasta from the sides.

The corners of my mouth twitch when I turn back to the tea, trying to fight the oncoming smile. 

"Germany?"

"Yes?"

"Is it okay if I wash the rest of the dishes before dinner? I know Japan usually does it but he's not here right now."

Oh, why does he keep talking about Japan?

"S-sure." I stuttered nodding my head. My voice filled to the brim with sadness. As I watch the tea my mind wanders off to this morning. Maybe I was working them a bit too hard... Italy obviously doesn't like it but he stayed. Why? Has Japan felt like this the entire time he was part of the Axis Powers?

"Germany, I'm leaving. Your training is too difficult for me to handle and I hate watching Italy try so hard to keep up but you're never satisfied. Consider me no part of the Axis, I am sorry." His voice rings in my head. My blood begins to boil in frustration just at the thought of him leaving. I know I still have Italy but his troop are a bunch of cowards. Japan was my strongest ally. He didn't like my training but he had techniques of his own. 

What a stupid reason to lea-

I'm broken out of my thought by Italy's scream.

"GERMANY........GERMANY! HELP ME IT HUURRRTSSSSSS OW OW!!"

I spin around quickly to see Italy holding a knife in his red hand, a small cut along his palm. 

"HELP ME!! I'M GOING TO DIE!!! I'M TO YOUNG TO DIE! I'M STILL A VIRGIN-" he shrieks, shaking uncontrollably before I interrupt.

"Italy it is just a cut, you are not going to die. Let's go wrap it up." I sigh taking the knife from his grasp and lay it on the counter.

I drag his sniffling self to the bathroom and lift him onto the sink. He begins to cry again as I hold his hand under the running faucet. I gently wash his wound watching the blood drip down the drain. 

"Italy, calm down. I am just making it better.." I coo while running my left hand through his silky hair.

His expression falls to a relaxed but still hurting look. I know it's just a little scratch, but it hurts me to see him like this. What if he really does get shot while through Switzerland? How would he cry then? I shudder at the thought and Italy notices.

"G-Germany," He sputters in between hicks. "what i-is the matter?" His tear-filled orbs lock onto mine. I guess he really does pay me a lot of attention. Enough to know when I'm bothered while he's hurt. Usually, I would think he should be worrying about himself when in reality he puts everyone before him.

He uses his right hand to touch my face, fingers skimming my cheek. He gazes into eyes for what seems like an eternity, his expression calm. 

"Italy.." I mutter locking in his stare. His already pink cheeks flare with a deep blush. Looking over to the side he drops his hand into his lap. 

I blink snapping out of my trance. I remove his cut from the running water, accidentally keeping it under longer than intended. 

"Sorry." He whispers gripping his hand to his chest. 

"D-don't be, you didn't do anything wrong," I assure him, moving to the medicine cabinet. I rummage through the bottles and boxes, my fingers searching for the gauze and wrap. Upon finding them I pull them out and place them on the counter.

"No. You aren't feeling well and I was supposed to help you today, but you are the only one that's  done any help." He explains. The entire time he has been trying to do things for me but I have stolen his spotlight... his face expresses a look of apology. The corners of my mouth twitch as I reach for his hand. Once again putting others first.

"Honestly Italy," I whisper, placing a square piece of gauze on the cut. " You don't need to worry so much about me. I'm a grown man."

"I just wanted to repay you for all that you've done for me, even if it was the smallest task. I would probably be alone right now if you hadn't opened the box and I thank you for that..." Italy says, a tear slipping down his flushed cheeks. He winces as I spin the wrap around his palm pulling it tight.

"There now you won't die. Don't worry about repaying me so much okay? I like doing things for you." I reassure him, helping him off the sink.

"ve~ Thank you, Germany!" He exclaims with the retarded look back on his face. he stands up on his tiptoes and extends his neck to kiss my cheek. He then giggles and runs off to the living room leaving me alone. I see myself in the mirror, face tinted a light pink. My slicked back hair left with a few strands dangling in my eyes. I brush them back and walk into my room. Might as well put a shirt on at least.

 I open my dresser and search for my white tank top, slipping it over my head. What are we going to do now? Japan's gone and I need to get him back but I have no idea where he even is! He's probably gone back to his country. Maybe I should just leave him alone, but we wouldn't be the Axis without him... I'm sure he'll come to his sense and return.