Chapter 8

Hello nerds, this is the first of three going up tonight. I am really sorry it took me so long to update this book. There is no excuse for this not being uploaded sooner then now. I was almost finished with this chapter for the last time I updated. I promised two then but you are going to get three this time to make up for the not updating sooner. Well lets get on with the story. So without any further interuption. I give you the 8th chapter, enjoy! 

_____________________________________________

Germany's POV

___________________

Two weeks have past since Italy and I found out about Japan joining the allied force, and let me tell you it was hell. Italy tried to calm me down multiple times from my stressed out state, and I need to find a way to get Japan back on our side. Italy refuses to tell me what was happening in his head when he wore my helmet and Gilbert ended up drinking the last beer! But because of how stressed out I am, Italy won't let me go the store to buy more. Besides, I can't send him to do it, they think he looks to young to be buying alcohol and he lost his damn ID.

I'm a huge coward, why am I afraid to call him? He's already apart of the enemy team and we don't just randomly call up England and ask him for tea. That's not a normal thing to do. I slightly hesitate as I reach for the phone, my hand trembling a bit. Why does it have to be so stuffy in my office? Can't I open a window? I scan along the walls to find that in fact they are open.

I sigh. C'mon Germany, get it together! You're a man, so act like one! not like an Italy! I pick up the phone and bring it to my ear, listening to the soft ring as it waits for me to punch in Japan's number. I dial and impatiently wait for him to pick up. after the fourth ring he answers. 

"Herro?"

"Uh-um...Hallo Japan, it's me." I stutter, the words tumbling out of my mouth rather than rolling like I wanted.

"Oh... Germany.. how are you?" He hesitates in between words. He obviously doesn't want to talk to me, I wouldn't blame him.

"I....I was wondering if maybe, would you consider coming back?" There was silence on the other end for a minute and I thought he'd hung up, but I can hear his breathing.

"I really wish I could.... there are reasons we formed the Axis Powers and we all had our reasons and now I can't go back."

"Well... well why not?"

"I... it's kind of confidential but I signed a contract so I'm stuck with them. If I went back, I wouldn't be able to attack, the contract incruded peace treatied with all of their countries."

"BUT JAPAN I MISS YOU!!!!"  Another voice exclaims.

"Italy! What phone are you using?!"

".....The one in the living room."

"Well you don't need to be listening in on us! Hang up now or its 50 push ups!" A shrill shriek sounded on the other end and he hung up immediately.

I sigh in frustration. "Just...just consider it alright?"

"I don't see a way of me being of any use to the Axis if I can't even attack them. I'm sorry but I can't come back.."

"But-"

"I have to go. I have a meeting to attend." With that he hung up.

"Damn it damn it damn it DAMN IT!!" I shout, banging my fist on my desk. I don't even notice the oak doors to my office creak open and the little Italian step inside. I lay my head down on my desk, wanting my headache to disappear. The only cure I know for a headache is alcohol. A slight clatter tells me something was placed on my desk. I lift my head up to see a plate and a mug. Italy had brought me wursts and....pasta. The corners of my mouth tug up into a smile and before I can thank him, he slips out and quietly shuts the door.

_____________

Italy's POV

__________________

I gently click the door to Germany's study shut, smiling a bit. I know he's going through a lot right now and all I need to see is a little grin from him. I thought it would be nice to make him lunch. I can tell he has a headache so I place a couple of his pain relieving pills in a plastic bag beside his tea. I drage my feet into the kitchen. I know this won't be his only attempt to get Japan back. When Germany has his mind set to a goal, he makes sure he achives it..

My smile falters a little as I grab the skillet of the stove and move it to the sink. I'm not used to it...I'm not used to being left out so much. I know he doesn't mean it but I'm not getting the kind of attention I usually do... and it makes me lonely.. it makes me sound like a needy child, dependent on everybody else.

I talked to the doctor the other day and he told me I have Ballistophobia. Badly. I wanted to see if he knew of any cures but unfortunately he said there wasn't away to cure it through medication. But he did give me a bottle of antidepressants, instructing me only take them when I'm freaking out like I did with the helmet or before I freak out. He said taking these will help me relax temporarily from that fear, but not fully cure it.

I decided that I would only use them if there was a sudden battle or emergency and hid them in my clothes drawer. If Germany found them he would get the totally wrong idea. I begin scrubbing the pan and washing the grease away. If the loneliness continues I may just end up with depression, then I would be taking them more then I want to... but I want Germany and the others to be happy, so I always put them before myself. 

I dry the skillet and put it back in its spot in the cupboard. I make my way to the living room and sit down on the couch, lost in thought. I have nothing else to do today, not like I do anything productive anyways. I wonder, if I took one or two of those before I put on a helmet, would my fear be gone for a little while? Then I won't be so afraid to go into battle when it happens.

The ring of the door bell knocks me out of my trance. Who could that be? Is Germany expecting someone? I hop off the couch and swing the front door open.

"ciao-JAPAN?! What are you doing here?!" I stammer in shock, my eyes growing wide. He looks down and fiddles with the hem of his uniform.

"I skipped the meeting to come here...." He whispers. I don't know how to respond to that, scratching the back of my neck. I gasp in surprise as he engulfs me in a hug. 

"J-Japan? But y-you don't like it when I hug you-"

"I don't want to go back... they say such horrible things about you guys. Let me hide here please, just for the night, then I'll find a different place tomorrow." He sobs.

"Wow Japan, I've never seen you show your weakness in front of people." A voice says behind us. Japan instantly lets go and wipes away his tears as Germany walks into the room.

"Italy, shut the door and lock it." Germany orders. I do as I'm told, slightly alarmed at his serious face.

"I thought you had a meeting." He starts.

"I do.."

"Then why are you here?"

"Because you guys want me to come back."

"The real reason."

Japan stays silent for a moment, face growing in embarrassment. "I hate it there they are terrible people..."

Germany rubs the bridge of his nose and sighs. "Fine, but only for the night. We will hide you so it's gonna be the basement." I see a smile light up Japan's usually nonchalant face. I know he will be okay, the basement is actually quite warm and cozy. I only don't like the dark...

"Thanks you Doitsu." He bows with gratitude.

______________________________

Ballistophobia = the fear of bullets and missiles; the fear of being shot.