Chapter 11

Germany's POV

"Alright it's all set. Just punch in the six digit code before you go to bed Ludwig, and it will activate. If the alarms go off we will automatically be notified and call you to make sure everything is alright." the mad says, tightening a screw on the small box beside the door. "Also you can watch every room in the house on your phone, tablet, and computer." He gives me a smile and I hand him the money, it was roughly $1000.

I sigh and lock the door after thanking him. After what happened last night I don't want anybody breaking in. I glance over at the small Italian taking a nap on the couch, a bandaid over his neck. It was a little cut, a bit deeper than a paper cut and hardly bleeding yet he insisted (cried) that he needed one.

I smile a little and move to the kitchen, filling my tea kettle  with water and placing it on the stove top. I guess it will be a bit easier to see what Italy is up to and keep on eye on the house from my laptop. I have one, I just don't use it that much because I prefer to do my work on paper.

As I wait for the water to boil my mind drifts off to last night. What was that all about? Italy still isn't talking because we all know Russia wouldn't hesitate to slice open his neck if he felt like it. I don't understand what they were trying to accomplish... and what am I going to do about them? Hopefully me saying that it wasn't over was enough to drive them away. I am probably not going to do anything. It would make Italy made, and for some odd reason I don't want to see that happen. Since when have I cared about Italy's feelings? Being appreciative is one thing but caring is another.

The kettle begins to whistle and shake, snapping me out of my thoughts. I pull a mug for the cupboard and fill it with the scorching water and shot off the stove. Taking a tea bag out and putting it in the cup. 

I should probably make him one too. I think, taking out another mug for him. I put the tea bag and water in the mug. I watch as both cups slowly turn brown. At this time I hear shuffling and see Italy slowly walking into the kitchen rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"I made some tea." I say, sliding his to the other side of the counter and taking mine in hand. He nods and picks up his mug, walking over to the table and sit down. I follow behind and take the seat across from him. Adler trots into the room, a slight limp in his right hind leg where the tranquilizer dart hit him, right in the thigh. That must have been the thumping sound, when he hit the ground.

"Are you feeling any better?" I ask him, trying to spark up a conversation. He nods again, slowly bringing his tea to his lips. He seems so out of it now.....

"Italy, you need to talk. I know that scared you but it won't happen again, I promise. I won't let anyone hurt you."

He opens his mouth to speak, but no sound comes out. I can't help but notice the dark bags under his eyes, obviously he didn't get any sleep. I didn't either but I don't get much sleep anyway. I scoot over a seat to the one next to his.  He doesn't move, not even to look at me.

"Please Italy, you are really starting to worry me." I am going by what my gut's telling me. My mind always told me that I didn't care for him. I have convinced myself that it was appreciation but my heart tells me otherwise. I just don't know what it's telling me.

"I'm okay..." He whispers, turning his head int he opposite direction. I put my large hand on his shoulder sighing.

"I don't believe you."

"You should."

"But I don't."

He turns around to look at me, a small tear falling down his red cheeks. After all the times I've seen him cry, I'd think he'd be out of them.

"I'm sorry...I'm a huge coward." He says, his breath shaking a bit.

"Why would you be a coward? I mean you brought out your pistol and proved to me you're stronger than you look." I inform him while squeezing his shoulder.

"But I dropped it, I should have shot them or something.."

"That is just normal you though." After saying it, I immediately regret it.

His eyes pool with more salty tears and he lets out a strangled sob. "But I don't want to be normal me!" He exclaims, throwing his head into his hands. "I want to be stronger! I want to impress you in some way, and I don't want to be a big baby anymore! I don't want to be me..."

I stare at him in shock. "Italy... you don't need to impress me. I think you are perfect, just the way you are. Besides, it impressed me how you knew it was all a set up. I still don't understand it." I mentally slap myself. "That was very cheesy." I chuckle.

The corners of his mouth rises into a small smile and he stares down at his tea. "Italians like cheesy things." I see his face grow a bit pale and his expression turns to one of nervousness though he tries to hide it.

"I-I have.... something I want to confess to you..." He chokes out, looking away. I give him a confused look but he continues on. What could it possibly be?

"Well, you see I.... I..." He doesn't seem to be able to finish his sentence, but he does not have to. Before I know what hit me, I felt his soft lips connect with mine. After a few seconds he pulls away, his face completely red. My heart seems to have stopped beating. He....he..he just kissed me.

I couldn't quite process it in my head.

"..Love you..." He finishes, looking away again and crosses his legs in embarrassment. 

I don't have to listen to my mind anymore, that short kiss seems to have cleared the fog away. I now know my true feeling for Italy.

Italy gets up to leave after I don't respond but my hand flies out and grabs his wrist. I pull him back down in his chair and engulf him in a hug, holding his head to my chest. He grabs a fist full of my shirt and snuggles into me, quietly weeping. It feels like a perfect fit.

"I love you too, Italy."

 _