Chapter 7

Germany's POV

____________________

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Italy screams, an expression of terror plastered on his usually cheerful face. The words exploded out of his mouth in utter fear, causing me to shatter inside.

All I'm trying to do is help him! What just happened? He was lost in a completely different world! 

"Italy... I'm not going to hurt you..." I say, my voice wavering. Hid hands frantically scratch at his neck, trying to remove my helmet. I knew I should have never offered that deal, I didn't think he would take it! He would never touch the helmet let alone wear it. "Let me help you take it off."

I reach out to him but he slaps my hand away with a force I never knew he carried. "NO! STAY AWAY!" He needed to remove the helmet or he wasn't going to be okay. 

"Italy, we have to take it off of you if you'll just let-"

"No! DON'T KILL ME, PLEASE!"

"I'M NOT GOING TO KILL YOU!" I shout tackling him down so he couldn't move he's beginning to really wear down my patience. He squirms and screams beneath me, attempting to get out of my grasp. With my knees, I pin him to the wet dirt and use my hands to unlock the latch, though it was difficult considering he kept hitting them away and shaking his head back and forth. 

"DAMMIT, ITALY STOP MOVING!" Finally, the latch flings free and the helmet rolls off of his head. I watch as the glint of light returns back to his dull eyes, eyes that look as if they have seen worse things then I know.

"G-Germany..." He whispers, clutching onto my tank top. He gives out a shaky breath and his eyes slowly close. 

"Italy...?.....ITALY?!?!"

"Well well well... What's going on here? kesesese" A familiar voice rings behind me. I turn to see Prussia striding down the dirt road with his hands in his pockets, the usual smirk displayed on his face.

"Quick Gilbert! I think he needs help!" I say, climbing off of him and picking him up. His frail light body bounces motionless. Making want to cry but not in front of Gilbert. My heart races against its cage and it might just pop out.

What if he's dead? I don't remember how to check for a pulse...dammit!

"West, I think he's fine." He points out and I feel Italy move. I glance down to see him curl up in a little ball in my arms. I let out a sigh of relief and hold him tighter. I really had thought I'd lost him...

"Let's go in," I whisper, gesturing toward my house. Prussia moves ahead of me and holds the door open, odd for his careless behavior. I brush it off and move to pass him, carrying Italy to my bedroom. Once in I gently remove his boots, afraid of waking him. 

So he fell asleep? Not uncommon for the Italian to pass out where ever he pleases. I wonder what was going on in that head of his.....

I pull the covers over his chin and turn off the lamp beside him. I'll let him rest for a while. Looks like our training is over for the day... I sigh and leave the room, trudging out into the kitchen where Prussia was digging through the fridge. 

"What is your business here?" I demand, taking a seat at the table. After what just happened I'm not in the best mood.

"Well I guess there won't be any brotherly love shared here will there?" Prussia snorted, placing a beer in front of me and sitting down on the opposite side of the table. Normally he would have just gotten a beer for himself, he's acting a bit too friendly.

"Look, I just want to know why you're here, you hardly ever stop by to visit. So why now?" I breathe, leaning back in my chair. I pop open the can and take a long swig.

"Well, why don't we talk about other things first." He says, opening his own. As he takes a drink, Gilbird happily pecks at the can.

"Like what?!? You always change the subject from the actual matter Bruder, why not just tell me!?" I yell, standing up. My chair tips back and clatters against the wall. 

"That's why. My bad news will only stress you further."

"Oh, so it's bad?! Then you should tell me because it's about me!"

"I never said it was about you." He pointed out like the smart ass he is.

"Well is it?!"

"Yes."

"THEN THERE! JUST TELL ME ALREADY!"

He sighs in frustration and brings his hand up to his face, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Japan joined the Allies."

My whole mind seemed to stop functioning.

He.... is our enemy now....?

"WHY THE FUCK DID HE DO THAT!?!" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air. 

"He.....He did?" A small voice squeaks from the kitchen door. My head snaps over to see Italy peeking into the kitchen, a few tears slipping down his cheeks.

"D-Does that mean I'll n-never get to see him a-again?" He sobs, running over and wrapping his arms around me. I run my hand through his hair soothingly and Prussia gives me a weird look, raising his eyebrow. 

"You will. We all will. I promise you I'll get him back."

___________________

Sorry, I have not updated in a month but I will be uploading another chapter tonight. I might put two more chapters out tomorrow too.