Chapter Thirteen: Revelation

Maxx's POV

It had been about a week since my fight with Corbin and he hadn't bugged me since. I now had a bright blue cast on my arm.

Everyone I know had taken turns in signing it, Eva signed it first, apparently it reminded her of a certain musical. I glance down at my cast and read her messy writing,

"All you gotta do is just believe you can be who you want to be. Sincerely, E."

Lois drew a lotus flower, she is actually fantastic at art. Quinn dotted it with tiny blue hearts. Even Kody signed it,"Glad you're alive. (:" Dummy. I sit down at my lunch table next to Eva.

"We absolutely positively need to do something as a group over winter break!" Eva states, crashing herself and her lunchbox onto the table with a thud.

Everyone at the lunch table looks up, frightened.

"We really should, but what would we do?" Lois asks.

She looks around at everyone quizzically. Then she looks confused.

"Didn't think that far." She mutters.

"Let me google it.....!" She pulls out her phone, and searches, then sets down the phone with a shudder. "Let's not do that." She scrunches up her nose with disgust.

Pike and Ollie, two jocks from the football team, had migrated to our tables because their girlfriends were friends with Eva and Lois. Kody, unsurprisingly, followed suit. They defied the brainless jock stereotype I had always known. They were both considerate and never talked down to others. I hated being talked down too and treated like I was lesser, everyone did. Sadly, I was so used to grin and bearing that kind of treatment. It made me sick to think about the old me. I was happy to be evolving.

"I mean it all depends on what it is, isn't that right Camilla?" Pike smirks as he wriggles his eyebrows at the blonde girl who grew beet red and then bopped him on his forehead with a small force. She successfully wipes the satisfied smirk off his face.

Ollie snickers and Pike launches a blueberry at his face. Ollie begins throwing his grapes back as retribution. Havana Rose, Ollie's obvious crush, rolls her eyes and gets back to her biology homework. Her wavy black hair cascades over her hazel speckled eyes and square brown frames.

"Why don't we go to the beach?" I pipe up, softly.

"My family owns a beach house near the Santa Veena pier, which has loads of activities to do. I'm sure we can all stay there for a couple nights, maybe during spring break." Quinn gasps, offering happily. The tables heads turn to her in shock.

Eva's face glows and her smile beams. This was her dream.

"So what you're saying is...ROADTRIP?!?" She almost cries tears of joy.

"Don't we have football practice-" Kody starts.

"Shut the fuckup." Pike says quickly.

Kody rolls his eyes lifting his arms in surrender. I notice him shifting around in his seat, he catches my eye. He offers a smile. We hold contact for second before I drop my gaze feeling my cheeks burn. The effect that this boy has on me is insane. The effect this straight boy has on me is poison. The effect that this hot, sporty, straight boy has on me is making me nauseous.

But what if we made out in the bathroom?

FFFUCKK! Excuse my language.