harry

Trigger warning: Heavy mentions of break up. Strong language.

Song: These Four Walls by Little Mix

Harry's POV

Why does a broken heart hurt so bad?

Why is it that bad things happen to people who try their hardest?

It's just not fair.

How can someone just leave that easily. Like have we not been in love for over a year. Did that not occur to you.

Yeah, my girlfriend and I broke up.

Well, she broke up with me.

Anna Harrison, the girl that broke my heart.

Apparently I'm too much work and stress. Fuck that man. I know that she just doesn't love me the way she used to. Or maybe she didn't even love me in the first place and she just used me for money.

I don't even know my emotions.

I know I'm sad. I feel like I should be mad but I just can't bring myself to do it. I really loved Anna and I would never do anything to hurt her but I guess my love wasn't good enough.

But she just walked out on me. And that hurt.

FLASHBACK

"Harry, we need to talk," Anna says to me as I walk into the flat. I had just gotten dinner with the lads and was looking forward to coming back and cuddling with my baby but by the tone of her voice, she doesn't sound pleasant.

"Yeah, what's up baby," I plop on the couch that she's sitting on and go in for a kiss but she pushes me back with a hand on my chest.

"What's wrong, why won't you let me kiss you?" I asked, sitting back, defeated. There is a long pause before she speaks up.

"You know how much I love you, babe. But I think we should break up," she says.

Wait what? I did not expect that at all. Is she actually breaking up with me. Is this actually happening.

"What? Are you serious?" I suddenly get defensive. She nods her head, avoiding eye contact.

"Why? What did I do?" I asked desperately and hurt. I can't believe she is actually breaking up with me. Did I do something that made her mad?

"Nothing, Harry. I just think that you're too much stress for me. I've been working too hard lately and I just can't anymore. I'm sorry, I love you," she says sadly.

"If you loved me you wouldn't be breaking up with me right now," I say while letting a tear fall from my eye.

She looks down guiltily and plays with her fingers. I sigh and sit forward in the couch with my face resting in my palms.

"I think I should go now, Harry," she gets up softly, grabs her bag, and starts walking towards the door.

"Wait, Anna!" I shout and stand up from the couch. "Please, stay. We can work around this. We can still be together. Please! I love you so much!"

"I'm sorry, Harry. Bye."

And with that, she's gone.

END OF FLASHBACK

It sucks when you think you found the girl you wanna spend the rest of your life with and then she just leaves.

It's truly brought down my confidence because I'm barely able to even look into the camera without feeling like I'm a mess.

And of course, media knew about the breakup the day after it happened. And media really does do damage to the situation, over exaggerating it and making it seem like I'm over exaggerating. But there are always those supportive fans that make you feel better in any situation.

But I loved Anna so fucking much and now she's gone.

I'm heartbroken. I'm shattered. And it's been about a week since she ended it.

Sometimes, I think about it too deeply and it makes me so depressed. I've been using media to get my mind off of it.

But today, as I go on Instagram, the first picture on my timeline is actually a post from Anna. It's a picture of her and some guy at the beach and it's captioned "With my Fave" with two heart face emojis.

Wow.

Has she really moved on that quick. It's literally been a week.

I sigh as I feel the pain in my heart. I can feel the tears start to come. I try to hold them back but it's not working. I can't do this. I need to get out. I need to get out and get my mind off of things.

I put my shoes on and walk out into the hallway of my flat building but as I step into the hallway, I see JJ. And he must see me too because he looks directly at me and waves.

"Hey, JJ," I say loudly and start walking towards him.

"Hey, how've you been," he asks me while we bro hug.

"I'm fine. You?" I lie.

"Eh," he replied and looks down. I can tell he's trying to hide something. JJ is a really bad liar to be honest.

"Yo, I saw Anna's post today. I'm sorry man," he says, trying to start up conversation.

I nod and feel another ache in my heart. I nearly forgot about that. Oh no, I feel the tears welling up.

Don't cry, Harry, don't cry

But the tears fall from my eyes and I can't stop it now.

"Woah are you ok? Sorry for bringing it up," JJ says and hugs me.

I sob into his shoulder while he rubs my back and tries to calm me down but I can't hold it back this time. I miss my girlfriend.

"Yo let's get into you're flat," he says and steers me back to my flat. As soon as we're in, we sit on the couch and I cry into a pillow.

"Oh no, Tobi's calling me hold on," says JJ.

But I don't listen as JJ and Tobi talk because I'm too busy thinking about how shit my relationship ended.

I wish I had my girlfriend back.

I loved her, but now she's gone.

And my heart is shattered.