Outlander

"Wake up!" Astrid yelled, throwing a bucket of cold water on you. You awoke in a surprised start, taken completely off guard. You were in complete shock, staring at the blonde with borderline hatred.

"What, in the name of all that's holy, possessed you to do that?!" You demanded furious now." She didn't answer, you noticed she was already dressed. She turned her back on you, opening the front door and letting on a bone chilling wind. You shivered, you weren't built to deal with low temperatures.

Since being placed under her supervision, you'd moved house. You had only the ground on the floor to lie on, some rolled up clothes for a pillow and some spare blankets for warmth. Astrid however had her warm bed upstairs, as well as her dragon nestling in an aviary. You ate  in the great hall with everyone else, you had to be thankful for the free food and housing.

"Your body is weak, you've lost much of your strength, assuming you ever had any. We're going to build it up again, it's going to take time but for now get some clothes on, we're going for a run." You grumbled, you reluctantly threw on some clothes hiccup had sent you. You weren't going to be shown up by this arrogant Viking girl, your people were being judged after all. You were surprised to find Astrid looking at your shoulders, noticing the muscle there. Your legs too were heavily toned, even if they were severely weakened.

"Us Knights are the always at our physical peak, we have to be in order to actively work in such heavy armour." She seemed unimpressed though, after all, they'd yet to see this armour of yours. In fact, you were missing it. The weight was something you'd become accustomed to, without even your sword you felt like you might float away.

"Whatever you say outlander." She shrugged. Outlander, a term the Vikings had quickly adopted for you. It meant outsider, someone from outside the known lands. Someone who wasn't mean to be there, you couldn't disagree with it.

Stromfly was outside waiting for her rider, once Astrid exited the house Stormfly shook with excitement. She nuzzled against her, making it plain the affection the two had for each other. Though as soon as Stormfly saw you, her entire demeanour changed. The dragon snorted and moved away, wanting to put as much distance between you and herself as possible.

"Charmed." You replied sarcastically. You shivered in the cold, hiccups clothes doing nothing for your fortitude. This was as cold as any winter you could remember, mostly it was heat you had to put up with.

"So we're going to run, like I said." Astrid informed you. "Go as far as you can without straining yourself, it's not a race either it's simply a matter of how far you can run without stopping." You nodded, understanding the goal. You both took off at a slow pace in order to saviour energy, taking deep breaths through your nose then out your mouth. Very soon you felt your energy sap, it was hard to continue to run once you reached seventy feet, you had to call it quits once you got to a hundred. Astrid wasn't impressed, neither were you to be honest. Astrid drew a rock with a X painted on it, placing where you stopped for breath.

"Tomorrow well do it again, only this time you have to try and beat this point, even if by an inch." She then turned to Stromfly and mounted her, the pair took off and left you alone.

---------
Sweat dropped off of your body as you swung a heavy axe into the firewood, splitting the log in half. Taking a deep breath, looking a the growing pile of cut logs. You'd seen dragons cut entire trees in half with ease, but they still needed to be made small enough to fit into the fire pit. The Vikings didn't have fireplaces as you did, rather they seemed to have communal fires scattered around the village. You'd seen some in the great hall, but not inside anyone's house. You understood why though, it was because the houses were all made of wood.