The Demonic Nightmare

You stood in the grand hall, now fully dressed in your entire suit of armour. Your breastplate had been forged, you gauntlets and leggings were completed. You felt like a king, or a god.

So you weren't concerned when Snoglout  and running at you with an axe, you'd told him to try his hardest to deny the breast plate. In fact you were so confident you elected to wear it too, since this was the first of two tests that was needed. Snotloud swung the axe at full strength into your chest, it banged against your breastplate loudly. You stumbled from the force, but otherwise it was alright.

The vikings all started in surprise, their eyes widening from the lack of damage. There was a loud round of applause, impressed with you're crafting skill.

Then the next test, the one you were really worried about. You hefted your large iron shield, one that was made in a triangular shape with a red Templars cross on it. Some of the Vikings parted as Hookfang, Snotlouts dragon, made his way forward. The dragon raised his head as he charged up his blast, aiming straight for you. Just as he fired his molten breath you raised your shield and ducked your head under, you could feel the heat coming off it. It died down, leaving you completely unscathed.

You smirked under your helmet, fully satisfied with yourself. You lowered the shield slight, then raised it again as Hookfang blasted at you again in rage. Again, the shield took it. It was then you realised, you'd done it. You'd made your armour, strong enough to select a dragons breath.

Hiccup approached you enthusiastically, wanting to get a closer look at you.You couldn't understood why, you were a true knight now after all. Not only had you admitted your people had wiped down dragons, but now you'd proven you had the ability to do it, or at least not be killed by them. You'd have thought it would signal the end of your time here, since you figured they feared you harming their dragons.

"Whoa, nice work there. You actually did it, you made dragon resistant armour. Gods what my dad would have given to see this day." You smiled, his own suit looking woefully inadequate next to you. "It's not even hot, I don't you suppose you'd have to be able to do one for each of us?" He asked.

"Really? You wan dragon resistant armour? Designed to kill them?" You asked surprised.

"Obviously we don't want to hurt dragons, but it would be nice to be flame retardant." You thought about this for a second, considering it.

"Maybe, I'd need all your sizes and an entire year at the earliest. But it's more then that. Your Vikings, a knights armour is his pride. I can't dishonour my house to make our armour for those who aren't part of the legion."

Hiccup and the vikings seemed a little disappointed, but they nodded in understanding. You had no idea what would have happened if they'd pushed it, thankfully you wouldn't have to find out. You slung your shield behind your back, bolstering it over your shoulder and kept your sword in its sheath.

You took a seat at the table, removing your helmet and putting it on the table. "So, anyone stupid enough to try and out drink me?"

---------
Damn Vikings.

Your head hurt, it felt like someone had kicked you in the head with a horse. You were still living in Astrid's house, so you refrained from being sick on her floor. Your armour was partly in the corner, partly still on you. Your helmet and breastplate had been removed while your legs and gauntlets were still attached, you knew challenging the entire hall to drink was a bad idea. You managed to sit up, feeling your stomach slush when you did though.