Dragon Slayer

The volcano was big, though not as big as the ones in Ashfield. It had small strains of lava pouring from ever openings, but the actually crater was still accessible. Toothless gave another humf as you rode him behind hiccup, since it was an emergence the Nightfury had allowed you to hop on reluctantly.

"Alright, that's where she'll be." He told you, the rest of the riders flying up behind you in a V formation. Valka and Stormfly were right behind you on the left with Snotlout and Hookfang were flying on your right. Fishlegs and meatlug leading up the rear alongside the twins with their two headed dragon.

"We still don't know what we're going to do once we come across it." Valka pointed out, standing on Cloudjumpers wing to get closer to you.

"We just beat it up, nothing Snotlout and Hookfang can't handle!" Snotlout roared, flexing his muscles. Foul! You thought to yourself, they haven't seen what I've seen! The other riders were still betting on the dragon to be an overly large Monstrous Nightmare, one that was especially bad tempered perhaps but nothing special about it. You knew differently, you kept looking at Hookfang to judge the size difference. It had only been a split second you got a good look at it, since under the water it had been covered by the bubbles and once you'd been thrown it immediately was attacked by the twins.

Yet there was still no doubt it was a Demonic Nightmare, not in your mind anyway. Your brought your armour too, as well as your sword. This had brought protest from Valka, more so the Sword then the shield and armour. But you weren't going to threaten the. lives of the riders for the sake of one dragon. That is not how it worked.

With arms and armour made of iron, I am to fight and die with the fury of the lion.
If my actions are guided by the Phoenix's song, I will never find myself on the path to wrong.
Through hells fire and demons cry, i endure so that my people will never die.
Stay my hand from flesh of a woman or child, for I'll find myself less of a man then the beasts who run wild.
Do not lie, cheat or steal for these things are for lesser men, and a knight like I, am worth more then ten.
Protect your country, legion and home, or else one day you'll find yourself alone.

The time had come for you to earn your keep, Astrid had been your friend when no one else was. Now she was in danger and your code, Honour and friendship demanded her safe return. It was time for you to walk through hell's fire and a demonic Nightmares cry so that you friend would not die.

Your small group landed on a small patch of flatland by the Volcano, already the air was hot. Ashfield had gotten its names from the various volcanos that litter the landscape, no all of which were dead, so having hailed there you had an inbuilt fortitude against the heat. You weren't as bothered by it as the others, but you still had to done full metal armour. You hopped down from Toothless, immediately heading to Hookfang who'd been the only one strong enough to carry your armour, except for Cloudjumper but he really didn't like you.

"So what's the plan Hiccup?" Snoutlout asked as you started to strap the armour on.

"Simple, we get in then we group up and get Astrid and Stormfly out of here. If you happen to avoid a large nightmare then that would be, just great." Toothless gave him a nudge of encouragement, but it was clear he was shaken up with Astrid in Danger.

---------
"Isn't it not, you know, hot in there?" Tuffnut asked as you all crept your way through the inner caves of the Volcano. You had to wear a hide and leather suit underneath to stop your armour burning you, but it was invaluable should a fight happen.

"You have no idea." You told him, already sweeting buckets full. You wear leading the charge with your shield over your back, ready to pull it forward as soon as you need to. You had a suspicion that these caves all lead back to the main chamber, the biggest and hottest part of the Volcano. If you were a gambling, you'd wager that it where a Demonic Nightmare would be.