11] come on, listen to me

"Good, Yoongi. That's the final take on your part," Namjoon said, eyes trained on the computer screen as he began splicing Yoongi's final vocals, backup vocals, and the synth music together.

It was around 8 pm, two days after the meeting with Bang PD. There was only 2 more days until the underground rap concert. While they had the entire song written, they still needed to record Namjoon's part and decide on the final touches. Performing live with Namjoon no longer stressed Yoongi, as working with him for those past few days had been some of the most fun he'd ever had in the studio.

Sliding his headphones off, Yoongi sighed. "I can't believe that made me start sweating," he chuckled, using the back of his hand to wipe the sweat off his forehead.

"It's kind of hot in here," Namjoon paused for a moment, popping a piece of gum in his mouth as he continued to stare the screen intently. "Yoongi," he murmured, moving a section of audio after playing it back, deciding it didn't fit in its original spot.

"Yeah?"

"Ever thought about a stage name?"

"I've had a few ideas over the years. Never used one, though," he shrugged, getting up from the stool that resided in front of the mic and dragging it to over beside Namjoon. The studio that Bang PD gave them was on the small side, but it was good enough to get the job done.

"I was thinking that maybe we could use stage names at the concert. "Yoongi and Namjoon" doesn't quite sound like the name of a rapping duo," Namjoon replied, laughing a bit.

"I mean you have a point," Yoongi agreed, "Do you already have a stage name for yourself?"

Namjoon hesitated for a moment, "Don't laugh."

"Okay?"

"Promise you won't laugh?"

"Namjoon, chill out," Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Rap Monster."

"Huh?"

"My stage name is Rap Monster."

"Why are you so shy about that?" Yoongi couldn't help but laugh. The guy called himself a "Rap Monster" but he was too embarrassed to even say the name up front.

"My other friends always thought it was too much," Namjoon smacked his gum, looking back over at the screen. "This is ready for my vocals. Do you have time? I could lay down the track in like 30 minutes."

Glancing at his watch, Yoongi bit his lip.

"Are you supposed to see her tonight?" Namjoon raised an eyebrow. They'd only know each for a few days, but already, he was too good at reading Yoongi.

"Yeah...I can call and tell her that we're finishing the track, though. She'd understand..." Yoongi offered, but his words weren't very convincing. He knew it would be wrong to skip out on you tonight, especially since he hadn't seen you since the nap at your dorm. You two hadn't even talked on the phone all week. He could feel the distance, he could feel a wall going up, and he didn't like it. Cancelling tonight was the last thing he needed to do. But, duty calls...