20] let me know

let me know- bts

let me know- bts

~YOONGI'S POV~

"I love you," Yoongi said slowly, watching you as you digested the words, clearly taken aback by the sudden confession.

"What?" your voice barely came out as a whisper. He took another step toward you, desperately wanting to bridge the physical and emotional space between you and himself.

"I love you, Y/N. And I have for a long time," he confessed, his heart swelling with fear and anticipation.

"W-Why are you saying all this now? What about everything you said just a few days ago? 'Maybe we just aren't good for each other'?" Your reaction wasn't what he wanted, but it was what he expected. He was already prepared to apologize and to plead with you and to beg with you.

Because that short week without you had been one of the worst of his entire life.

"I know I can't take back what I said. And honestly at the time, I really meant it," Yoongi started, but you were already shaking your head at him, looking like you were about to start crying.

"Where inside of you do you think it's okay to say something to me like you did last Monday, let me dwell on that for over a week, and then randomly confess that you love me? I don't understand you, Yoongi. I don't understand this," you argued with him, and he could sense rejection beginning to radiate off you.

"It wasn't okay! I know it wasn't okay, and I'm sorry. I was upset and worried about Bang PD anyway, and I just got so overwhelmed with everything-"

"And it took you a whole week to realize that maybe you shouldn't have so those things? To realize that maybe you should at least attempt to talk to me? I'm not condemning for having a problem with me, or for being angry. But, letting us sit apart like that while I have absolutely no idea what you're thinking...That was devastating to me. For all I knew, you were never going to talk to me again based on the way you left things!" tears were falling down your face now and Yoongi felt nauseated.

"Look, Y/N. Please, listen to me. Please just hear me out," Yoongi was practically begging by then, eyes pleading with yours.

The bell at the top of the front door rang, causing both of you to look over. Stevens had walked back in, and was obviously confused at why the two of you were at a faceoff, and why you were crying about it. "What's going on here? Y/N?"

Yoongi was silent, not wanting to answer for you.

"It's fine," you waved him off, sniffling.

"You sure?" Stevens asked, but it didn't seem like he was pressing the issue too much. With as upset as you were, Yoongi wasn't surprised by the idea that you may have talked to Stevens about it.

"We're um, we're just going to go for a walk. I'll see you later, Stevens," you said, lifting your hands to wipe some of the tears off your face.

"Okay, then," Stevens still seemed unsure, but he didn't ask any more questions.