13] cry baby

"we need to cry, baby

"we need to cry, baby. and if we do, i know that would be alright."

cry baby- the neighbourhood

|||||

~YOUR POV~

You knew you would always distinctly remember the look in Yoongi's eyes as he walked off the stage that night, coming toward you swiftly and seemingly without a second thought about it.

Maybe it was the atmosphere of the concert that made you feel okay for a few moments. It made you nostalgic for that first time you had seen him perform. It made you remember what it felt like when he came down off the stage, off the high, and went straight to you. It made you remember how things were back then before anybody knew his name.

It made you miss those times.

And because of all those feelings, your heart was weak. So, in turn, you didn't push away when he came down off the stage and hugged you this time. He was holding you tighter than you were holding him, but you didn't hang limp as you had when he had kissed you before. That small decision probably did more damage that you intended it to, and you weren't about to make the same mistake again.

You hugged him for a minute, and the memories of why you really loved him and wanted to be with him came rushing over you during that time. Even though tensions were rising and things were changing more drastically by the day, he was still Yoongi. Despite everything, you still wanted to him to succeed. You remembered the image of a boy who was crying on the curb about how he wasn't good enough to accomplish his dream. And now, he had arrived; right on the edge of everything he'd ever wished for coming true.

"I-I'm sorry I was late," you stuttered, and Yoongi leaned in closer, his lips against your ear.

"I'm glad you came," he whispered in your ear, relief somewhat lining his voice.

"The traffic was insane. I ran the rest of the way here," you admitted without thinking, cheeks growing hot in embarrassment at the realization that you told him that.

Yoongi pulled away then, still close to you, but holding back so that he could see your face. You couldn't read his eyes or his body language; it was impossible to tell what he was really thinking, how he was really feeling. You looked at him and felt confused in your heart in mind, uncertain of when exactly things became so blurred and muddy between the two of you. Why did it feel like he was still far away, even though he right in front of you? Why did it feel like there was some invisible wall keeping you apart?

And why did those things hurt so much?

The rappers on stage were practically spitting fire, and the crowd surrounding you was entirely too hype. But, you and Yoongi were still. You were staring at each other, no more words leaving your mouth nor his. He looked at you, and then at your lips, and then back at you again, seemingly debating something within his own mind. And truthfully, you were having a debate of your own.