27] epilogue: it's definitely you

it's definitely you- v & jin of bts

~THIRD PERSON POV~

Several months later, after Bangtan returned from their first tour, everyone finally gathered together again in a church, for the wedding. While you and Yoongi quickly slipped back into your normal routine of seeing one another after he had returned home, it became a rare occurrence to see everyone in Bangtan together at once. Their careers and lives were changing and becoming busier, and there was a significantly less amount of downtime these days. You saw a lot of Namjoon and Hoseok, simply because they were the closest to Yoongi. The other boys, however, you could go weeks without seeing a glimpse of. That's why it was exciting to have everyone finally together in one place again.

The time in which Yoongi had been away had not been easy on either one of you. There were a lot of days in which he felt tired and discouraged, knowing the only thing that would lift his spirits would be seeing you. There were days where he felt sad, wishing that you were alongside him, seeing the world with him. There were days where you overly emotional, wanting nothing more than a hug from him. There were days where you be excited about something and want to share it with him, only to be disappointed while remembering that he was thousands of miles away.

But, those days were often manageable thanks to modern technology. He called you perhaps a little bit too often, but it never bothered you. Sometimes he could only talk for a minute or two, before getting on another plane, or before another concert. But, there were also numerous skype sessions in the early day or in the late night that lasted for hours. It wasn't as good as being with each in person, but for you to be able to see his face, and for him to be able to see yours, it was good enough. This was a time to catch up on each other's lives, to be refreshed by seeing one another smile, to tease and make jokes like always. "Have you been sleeping in my T-Shirts because you miss me?" Yoongi would often ask you, joking, and not all at the same time.

You would often pester him about eating proper meals, getting the right amount of sleep, and drinking enough water. So, he started sending you a picture anytime he ate a proper meal or when he was drinking water. He did this partially to tease you, but also to put your mind at ease that he was really taking care of himself.

He would pester you about branching out at your newfound job, telling you that you should try to make friends and go do things with them. He didn't want you to be lonely while he was away. So, you began trying to make friends with someone of your coworkers, sending proof anytime you went out to a meal or a movie with somebody.

And truthfully, at the end of the day, neither of you grew worried or insecure while being away from one another. After everything that the two of you had been through together, you both had finally learned how to navigate the career and the relationship. You both finally learned how to love one another, how to take care of each other. That stability in the relationship was wonderful to have, and you both were content and comfortable in it. It was hard for him to be away from you, and it was hard for you to be away from him. But, it was okay. It was bearable. And you both realized it wouldn't be a big deal when it was necessary to endure it again in the future. Your relationship with Yoongi was in the best place it had ever been in, and it was stronger than ever.

So, you stood beside him in the front row of the church, the rest of Bangtan in the row behind you. They had all dressed their best, in full suits and jackets, and they had all been excited to be invited to the wedding.

Because today, Stevens was marrying Patsy.

Yoongi's soft fingers reached for yours, smiling at you as the music began playing and Patsy started her descent down the aisle. Stevens was waiting at the altar, his eyes decorated with tears as he waited for his Bride-To-Be.

To say you were both happy for Stevens was an understatement. He was more content with life than you had ever seen him before, and you were glad that he now had a new companion to enjoy life with. Yoongi felt that same way, excited that Stevens wouldn't have to be lonely anymore. Because in a way, Stevens had become somewhat of a father figure for Yoongi after all those months together, and Yoongi only wanted the best for him.

The ceremony was simple, short, and to the point. There were very few people invited, making the entire gathering very intimate. You weren't the only one trying to choke back tears as Stevens kissed his bride, and they were announced, husband and wife. The wedding was followed by a small cake and punch reception at Youth & Impulse before Stevens and Patsy jetted off to the Bahamas for their honeymoon.

"So, should we be expecting to have another one of these soon?" Taehyung asked through a mouthful of cake, his eyes directed toward you and Yoongi. The two of you were standing together by the piano, chatting casually when Taehyung and Namjoon both approached.

"Another one of what?" You questioned.

"A wedding. Duh," Taehyung rolled his eyes, taking another bite of cake.

"Another wedding for who...?" you questioned again, clearly not catching on to what the boy was alluding to, leaving Yoongi chuckling beside you.

"You and Yoongi. Duh," Namjoon answered for Taehyung this time, smirking at the both of you.

"What?!" you exclaimed, choking on your drink, garnering attention from nearly everyone else at the reception.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi laughed, patting your back as your coughing wildly.

"Fine," you managed as you tried to get your breathing back to normal.

"We've been expecting Yoongi to pop the question for some time now," Taehyung added, now on the last bite of his cake.

"You've what?" you exclaimed again, luckily not while in the middle of a drink this time. You eyed Taehyung. And then Namjoon. And then you turned and eyed Yoongi. He cleared his throat a bit awkwardly, sliding a hand into his pocket.

"Ah, don't listen to them. They're just trying to make us both feel flustered," Yoongi chuckled, and lied as he felt the diamond ring that resided within his pocket in order to make sure it was still there. He'd been carrying it around with him for a few months now, plotting and holding onto it until he found the perfect time to propose. It wasn't a matter of whether or not he was going to propose, it was now simply a matter of when. And the other boys knew that, making it for them to tease you both.

"It's fun to make you embarrassed," Namjoon joined in on the laughter, slyly winking at Yoongi when he thought you wouldn't notice.

The reception rounded off just an hour later, as Stevens and Patsy had to leave to catch their flight on time. Namjoon and Taehyung's comments had left you slightly paranoid and shaken up, but Yoongi seemed cooler than ever. You were on edge for the entire walk home with him, waiting for him to say something as you wondered what the strange comments were about. And just as you had finally calmed down and decided that you were being irrational, Yoongi spoke.

"Do you have plans on Tuesday night?"

"Youth & Impulse is closed for Stevens and Patsy's honeymoon, so no."

"Go out with me then?"

"You don't have to work?"

"Nope."

"What do you want to do then?"

"You'll see."

You crossed your arms, irritated by how vague he was being. "What does that mean?"

"I mean I haven't planned anything, so you'll see on Tuesday what we end up doing," Yoongi flashed a teasing smile, irritating you even farther.

"Does this...by chance...have anything to do with the comment Taehyung made earlier?" you pressed, even though you knew it was unlikely you'd get a serious answer out of him. He chuckled at your poor attempts to gain information.

"You'll see," he smiled again, the ring between his fingers as the two of you walked in silence the rest of the way home.