Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Evelyn (Marty’s) POV

“Alexis Brittany the grand opening’s almost over. Are you working this weekend?” I asked her.

She smiled at me “I have not had a vacation day for years now. All the school and interning and everything has me so tiered I finally took time off.”

“Good, I need you. I know you always keep supplies in your car. I can’t explain yet but I need a humongous favor from you.”  I tell her giving her my puppy eyes. Since Mary and I are the youngest of the lot and she is the oldest. We were always able to get away with it all our lives.

“That’s playing Dirty Eve and you know it.” She says pouting and I smiled. I like when she calls me Eve, makes me feel naughty. Like that chick with the red apple. No not Snow white and the 7 dwarfs. The one with Adam, yeah even thinking it is naughty.

“So what do you need?” She asked me.

“Well Lexy, my love how would you like to go with me to Texas? I need to finish up some business then we can have fun. Give me 3 days. Please!!” I beg her as only I can.

“Oh, alright but don’t call me Lexy. My name is Alexis or even call me by my middle name Brittany. Just please don’t call me Lexy” She scolds. Man she’s only 2 years older than me but acts so much more.

I smile at her. “Ok go get your stuff and I will pick you up in half an hour.” I tell her and walk over to Victor.

Grady’s POV

Oh man now I have to go to Texas with Evelyn. I don’t understand why she needs me to go with her. I searched the room and saw her talking to Alexis before she walked over to Victor. My eyes wondered back to Alexis.

Damn she looks more beautiful than ever. I closed my eyes as I composed myself. But my mind wondered to all those years back. We went to the same college and well she has always been a handful around me. When we were younger she basically would stalk me.