Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Alexis POV

We made it back home and I pulled my falling asleep thing again after Grady started talking to me. I really didn’t have the strength or the heart to go there again. I had made peace with myself that he would never be mine. So I was ok with it after all these years. Not fair to have him all in my face again.

I was just looking forward to him going back to Cleveland and not having to see him again. I’m surprised he’s even still here. From what I heard he always just made 1 or 2 day visits. Even with the gym opening up, it’s still out of character for him to still be here.

I was dying to know, but there was no way in hell I would ask him. I said my goodbye and continued to walk out of his life. For good this time I hope. I trust Evelyn would update him once I gave her the results and I just wanted to forgive and forget.

I swear I think I got 2 wrinkles with all the glaring and frowning I did in this short of time. I headed back home where I lived with my Chihuahua named Chico. He loved me unconditionally. He knew me better than anyone else did. He never demanded, well scratch that he demands food and his snacks, to get let out. Damn he is another demanding guy after all.

I got home and sure enough I could hear him barking as I walked up the steps. Molly was supposed to come and feed him for me and take him out. I lived in a nice condo complex and well it’s just me. I don’t have to mow lawns or anything like that. “Chico mommies home” I said as I walked in.

He ran to me and did his little pick me up dance. He was wearing a little Cleveland Indian jersey. “Damn you molly, I’m going to kick your ass when I see you” I muttered.

“Well here I am” she said as she walked out of my kitchen.

“Holy shit, you almost gave me a heart attack.” I told her clutching my chest.

“Where’s the munchkin?” I asked. I felt my heart constrict. I have been hearing that stupid biological clock ticking nonstop ever since Molly got pregnant. I was with her every step of the way when she was expecting and then when she had the munchkin.

Now I want one of my own. I have been looking into sperm banks. It sounds like a good idea to me. I don’t have to worry about a husband and I can have my baby win, win. “Why is Chico wearing that?” I asked her.

“I figured it would be good to ease you into the idea of having Grady around again.” She said as she smiles innocently.

“What!!!!” I screamed as I walked towards her.

“Oh um, I guess no one told you he just got signed by the White Sox.”

“No, no he can’t be here all the time now Molly. “ I tried to slow my breathing. “Fine I won’t go anywhere near Aunt Michelle’s anytime soon. That’s where he’s living right?” I asked.

“Woman you are too stressed out. What I think you need is a nice spa getaway. Just us girls, it should be so much fun.’” Molly said and I smiled. Yeah that sounds so good.

“You’re on, I’m still on vacation.” Things were starting to look up again.

Grady’s POV

I got home and went in search of mom. If anyone would be able to help me win this minx of a woman it would be her. I found her in the kitchen like always with the munchkin. “Hey mom I need to talk to you” I said.

“Grady, I thought you went to Texas?”

“I did but we came home early.” I looked at the baby. Man that lucky dog.