To Mate or To Wait

Every pack in the wold has been training constantly for over a month but no one is working harder than the shadow pack.

Shortly after they arrived they requested for their warriors to stay at the castle so they could train with the royal wolves, and with both mine and my parents agreement they were on their way. The rest of the pack stayed here, the women and children helping out with everyday jobs while the men who weren't warriors helped build weapons, houses, and make improvements around the pack.

Sebastian and I have been busy making sure each pack is equipped and prepared for an attack at any time but recently we have been making accommodations for the annual meet.

The annual meet is when all the packs from around the world meet up at one location in one city and basically have a huge party. During this time many wolves are able to find their mates and have fun and for ranked officials it's a break from responsibility for a weekend.

This year it was Sebastian's turn to host and he stupidly chose New York City, the most populated city in the US, human populated. When I asked why he chose NYC he told me "I wanted a challenge, being an Alpha was pretty boring before you and I figured it would give me something to do"

To that answer I rolled my eyes and said "you could have literally walked 2 miles south and found my house"

Luckily it's a tradition for everyone to stay in the woods the whole time so we don't have to worry about hotels or humans. The food will be made by our pack once we get there which is why we are leaving a few days earlier.

The rest of the pack will use that time to decorate the woods and section off each packs temporary territory since apparently everyone will be on edge if they don't have assigned spots.

I laughed at my thoughts and focused back to Sebastian who was talking to me about... well I don't know, I wasn't listening.

"-cause if they have this section right here than we can leave this space open for the main party area" he said

Oh! He's talking about the placements for everyone

"But those 2 packs hate each other, don't you think that would be a problem?" I asked

"They do?" He asked

"Yeah switch them with that pack and you'll still have the room for the main party area" I said

"Alright then that's ready for Emily so she can brief her people on what's what" he said sliding the map of the woods to the side

A few weeks ago we had decided to re issue the ranks in the pack. They now went like this

Alpha- Sebastian
Luna- Me
Beta- Henry
Delta- Jace
Higher ranked wolves in order of importance- Mario, Emily, Collin, James, Alex, Isaac, Jared, and Jackson

According to the guys no girl except for the Luna is supposed to have a rank but me and Emily said fuck it to that rule and I made her 4th in line. Both of my brothers were forced to resume their positions at the castle but they spend every second of their free time here with the pack.

Each higher ranked official had a group of the pack they are responsible for and they communicate problems concerns and messages between me and the pack.

The delta is in charge of protecting the Luna, me, during emergencies and handles big changes which requires them to have a take charge attitude making Jace perfect for the job.

The Beta is in charge of helping the Alpha with his work and doing anything that is needed. We kept Henry in this position since he has proven capable and dedicated.