V-Day ~ Imahana

A/N: Standard disclaimer applies.

* * *

Imayoshi Shoichi x Hanamiya Makoto

Cheh, who needs him? Valentine's Day is just a stupid celebration for the cheesy anywaysstupid four-eyed nerd, Hanamiya Makoto thought as he stalked down the hallways of Kirisaki Daiichi, feeling more pissed than usual.

“Hanamiya, I know it’s Valentine's Day today, but I can’t make it over tonight. I have the entrance exams coming up next week and you know how important this is. Susa and the rest are coming over to my house for a group study.”

“Do what you want, I don’t care. I’m hanging up.”

“Okay. Happy Valentine's Day, Mako-chan.” Imayoshi used his little nickname for Hanamiya whose anger flared up immediately.

“Shut up, idiot!” He shouted down his phone before punching the “End Call’ button and shoving it back into his pants pocket.

As he walked down the hallways to his classroom, he caught the sight of numerous girls fidgeting while they try to confess to the boy they liked, or finding a way to slip him some chocolates or love letters.

However, no one dared approached him at all as he walked down the hallway, not even the bravest girl or the most popular one.

Of course, the entire female student body of Kirisaki Daiichi High School knew better than to confess to Hanamiya face to face, after an incident where he cruelly rejected the girl who publicly confessed to him. They chose to leave him chocolates at his desk or his gym locker instead (without being seen by him).

Damned idiots, he thought.

His classmate/basketball teammate, Furuhashi Kojirou stared at Hanamiya as he plopped down angrily down his seat right in front of him, frowning at the small space which was crammed full with letters and chocolates. He swept everything down into the box he kept under his desk and dumped it onto Furuhashi's desk.

“My, my Hanamiya. What crawled up your ass and died on this beautiful morning?”

“Shut up Furuhashi, or I’ll shut it for you.” Hanamiya snapped angrily at his friend.

Seeing his anger, Furuhashi backed down. “Jeez, no need to be so worked up. Just a concerned friend here you know.”

“I’m not some prissy girl, so I’m fine. Mind your own business.” Hanamiya turned back to the front as their history teacher walked into the classroom.

It’s not like we had anything special planned anyway. Just forget about that moron, he thought as his teacher began his lecture in the front.

* * *

“Oi, Imayoshi!”

Imayoshi turned and faced Susa, who was sitting 3 seats behind him.

“Ah, what is it Susa?”

“I was wondering whether to bring dinner over to your place, or should we just order take-out.”

“Just take-out will do.”

“Are you sure you don’t have plans for tonight? I mean it is Valentine's Day after all, and I think your girlfriend would want you to…”

Imayoshi cut him off.” It’s fine, she…. understands.”

“Yeah well, all of us feel bad for interrupting you. It’s good that she understands but, we’re pretty much done with our studying anyway. If you want to reschedule for tomorrow…”