That Red String (Part 2) ~ Kagakuro

A/N: As much as I would like to torture you guys and make you wait longer before I post the 2nd chapter, I just couldn't do. Thanks to those who have been leaving me all sorts of feedback. This legend is definitely interesting, isn't it?

I have employed a little, shall we say, a guest starring from another anime for this chapter. See if you like it, because I certainly do. I wanted to try this at least once. Really sorry if you didn't like it. And for those of you who are rooting to see the other pairings, please wait a little while. Let's take this one chapter at a time, okay?

Now, the standard disclaimer applies [the usual I-do-not-own-KnB stuff], and I'm sorry if this sucked. Please read and take 30 seconds to review, let me know if it sucked.

Story Playlist: Gotta Be Somebody by Nickleback

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Over the next couple of days, Kagami saw more and more people tied together, mainly his own senpais. He saw Izuki-senpai being tied to Saga Chiaki, a brilliant but serious 2nd year. He got a little confused at that one, given that Saga-senpai was not one who laughs easily at jokes and Izuki-senpai for being the resident punster of Seirin.

He saw Kiyoshi-senpai being tied to the Vice President of the student council, Kamijou Chiharu, a no-nonsense type of girl who hates being bugged for anything other than school work and student council duties and a reputation for being merciless when it comes to rule-breaking. From what he (over)heard from their coach, the Vice Pres hated Kiyoshi-senpai with a passion with reasons unknown.

Apparently, she told Kiyoshi-senpai that his face and his smile was annoying once (and he heard Kiyoshi-senpai protesting to Coach about it, something about him being angel faced and how could someone hate a face like his). About how those two are supposed to be soulmates, Kagami doesn't have a clue about it.

The rest of his senpais, along with Furihata and the others, were connected to someone far off, they probably haven't met that person yet. Some of their strings were more tangled than others; some looked like they were exceedingly long.

Even though he honestly didn't really care who his teammates' other half were, he was curious about just who is Kuroko's soulmate. His string wasn't tangled or anything, just plain and straight. It bummed Kagami badly that he couldn't see just who Kuroko's other half was.

Just what kind of a person would Kuroko end up with in the future?

~\(^ v ^)/~

"Wait, Coach…. You're saying that Kaijo actually requested a practice match with us? Even though we played against each other a little more than a month ago at the Winter Cup?" Hyuuga asked, not really believing Riko's words.

"Yes, you heard correctly. Apparently, they want to have a last match before the 3rd years officially retire from the team. So, this might be our last chance to play against Kasamatsu-san and the other 3rd years."

Hyuuga scratched the back of his neck. "Well, since they asked for this time, who are we to turn them down? Besides, Kasamatsu always gave us a good game whenever we played against each other."

"Great. Remember, we shall gather here next Wednesday the moment school ends. Kanagawa is an hour away, so we need to hurry. Understand?"

"Yes Coach!" The team answered in unison before going back to practice.

Kagami smiled widely at the prospect of being able to play against Kise so soon after the Winter Cup. The last time they met, Seirin had won by a mere point difference. This time, Kagami had no doubt that Kaijo will be going all out.