That Red String (Part 3) ~ Kagakuro

A/N:  Now 2 chapters in a day, ain't I an awesome person? Haha, now call me senpai and maybe (I said maybe) I'll buy you ice-cream (channeling my inner Nishinoya Yuu).

Again, special thanks to Aella-senpai for the amazing advice, the votes and the comments. You're an amazing person, you know that?

Standard disclaimer applies [the usual I-do-not-own-KnB stuff], and I'm sorry if this sucked. Please read and take 30 seconds to review, let me know if it sucked.

Story Playlist: Gotta Be Somebody by Nickleback

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"Remind me again, Kuroko. Why the heck are you dragging me to a meeting of the Generation of Miracles? I'm not even part of them, and I don't even LIKE them." Kagami grumbled as Kuroko dragged him to a street court near his old middle school.

"Because, Akashi-kun wanted to see us all and he specifically told me to bring you along Kagami-kun."

"Why is he even in Tokyo? It's not even a holiday."

"I have no idea."

When they reached there, they saw that most of the Miracles were already there. Aomine was sitting on one of the benches under the shade with Kise massaging his shoulders. Murasakibara was too busy with his snacks to do more then wave at the newest addition to the court.

"What is he doing here Tetsu?" Aomine drawled lazily from his shade.

"Akashi-kun requested that I bring Kagami-kun along."

"Wah, Akashicchi requested for you? That means he's accepted you as one of us." Kise said happily.

"Heck no! I'm not joining you bunch of lunatics with multicoloured hair. I'll play my own style of basketball, thank you very much."

"Kagamicchi is so mean." Kise wailed dramatically (like the almost drama queen he is).

"How many times have I told you not to call me Kagamicchi?"

"You people over there should really shut up. You're disturbing the peace and other people." Midorima yelled from the other end of the court where he was shooting threes over and over again.

"No one said you had to listen, Four-Eyes!" Aomine shouted over to Midorima.

Just as Midorima opened his mouth to snap at Aomine, a dark looming figure appeared.

"My, my, you guys are still as hot headed as ever."

All activity ceased at the sound of Akashi's voice.

"Akashi-kun." Kuroko was the only one who managed to greet the him.

"I apologize for being late, Shintarou, Atsushi, Daiki, Ryouta, Tetsuya… and Taiga. The traffic from the train station was a little heavy."

Kagami could hear Aomine mumble quietly to no one in particular in the back. "Don't you always arrive late?"

"What was that Daiki?" Akashi's piercing red and gold orbs were focused on Aomine, making chills go down his spine instantaneously.

"Nothing, just talking about the game I watched last night." Aomine lied through his teeth while the rest of the Miracles cast pitying glances at him.

Thankfully, Akashi dropped the subject and turned to face everyone. Aomine visibly let out a sigh of relief.

"I would like to inform all of you will participate in a week long joint training camp between our schools two weeks from now. Your coaches should have already received instructions about the camp and I expect each of you to be there."