Decisions

It was Sunday and Valleri was determined

It was Sunday and Valleri was determined. She got up and called Peter.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Peter, it's Valleri."

"Oh, hey Valleri, I was just thinking about you!"

"About that...we can't be together..." She shot it out as quickly as possible.

"What?!"

"I'm sorry... I have too much stuff to focus on. I'm...I'm sorry. We can still be friends?"

"Yeah...I guess..." Said Peter. Clearly broken-hearted, but he tried to hide it.

"Bye..."

"Bye, Val'."

'One down, three to go!' She thought to herself. She called Micky next.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Micky!"

"Hey, Val'."

"So...we can't be together."

"What...?" He said slowly and abruptly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry...friends?"

"Friends." He agreed, and they hung up.

'This is going better than I thought!' She thought to herself. Next she called Mike.

"Hey, Mike."

"Hey Val', how are ya?"

"Great...listen we can't be together..."

"What? I wasn't gonna-"

"Really!?"

"No, no I wasn't..."

"Great..oh! I gotta go!"

She hung up. She knew they would continue being friends. She called Davy.

"Hallo, love."

"Hey, Davy..." She was entrenched with love at the sound of his voice. She knew she must do the deed though.

"Well, what's going?"

"Nothing much...I love you...I really do...but I just can't be with you. I hope you understand..."

"Oh, I do. I completely undehstond...you have school to focus on!"

"Right! Thank you.. I gotta study...bye."

"Goodbye, love."

She hung up happy and disappointed. She really loved them, now she can't be with them. But she knows she made the right choice. She pulled out books and began studying. She knew matter of factly that they would continue they're friendships.