Violet

"Your eyes are red, and swollen," I stated the obvious, looking at Baekhyun and taking my bag in my arms. Baekhyun avoided looking at me, but I could see the glare he directed to the ground filled with malice and absolute annoyance.

After Joonmyeon and I returned to the dorms – because it was still early and the boy insisted I walked him back, using the excuse he wasn't mentally stable to be left wandering around alone – I was firstly greeted by absolute quiet, and Baekhyun's swollen eyes.

I knew he was the one who had watched us; Joonmyeon and I back at the hallway. His hands were a clear indication of his existence hiding behind the lockers. If he thought I didn't notice him standing there; he was wrong, because I did. His reddish eyes weren't helping either, it was obvious he had cried, and Joonmyeon's speech was heartwarming enough to be tearful. Baekhyun wasn't stone-hearted.

"They're not red, nor swollen," I thought he would have replied sharply, while snapping; but he didn't. His words were small and quiet; almost like a whisper, and he raised his fingers to massage his eyes unconsciously.

"Stop that; they'll swell more," I chided gently, giving him a pointed look. The boy only sighed and uncharacteristically curled around himself in the beanbag he was sitting on, not paying me any attention.

I glanced at Joonmyeon worriedly (who had washed his face before anyone could see his swollen eyes) and found him having the same worried look on his face for Baekhyun. The other boys all shared a confused look, and I looked down at my wrist watch before sighing.

"Great, time for class. Um, who would like to come with me? It's a class for Wielders to test their abilities to fight battles with their warriors, so I will need one of you.." I trailed, feeling awkward to ask something from them beyond their will. Thankfully, none of the boys seemed reluctant or annoyed at my proposition; even Sehun, who had showed his annoyance and his discomfort the first time I asked, was glowing and radiating with sunshine.

"I would have liked to stay here and chill, but I don't mind going with you," he cleared his throat nonchalantly, rolling his eyes, and I smiled fondly at his act of trying to conceal his true feelings. I glanced at the rest; and I caught Chanyeol closing and opening his mouth, looking at his sketchbook with round eyes, and back to my eyes.

"How about you, Chanyeol?" Chanyeol's eyes twinkled with absent mirth. "Would you like to come with me?"

"Will I get to fight?" his written words shocked me, and it seemed to shock everyone as well; as Sehun snorted and Joonmyeon choked on his spit. He stared at them cluelessly, genuinely wondering why they seemed so surprised. I choked on a disbelieving laugh.

"You want to fight?"

"Yeah! Fighting is fun! And it has been twenty years since I've felt my natural strength," he wrote back, a grin blossoming on his face. By this point, Baekhyun was also watching him with ridicule, while Xiumin seemed nonchalant; careless even, as if it didn't bother him at all.

"Well, I think there will be some fighting I believe; but are you sure about it? You're still heavily wounded," I furrowed my eyebrows in worry, because I knew Chanyeol didn't quite look in the right condition to fight. Chanyeol waved away my concern with a huge grin on his face. He looked kind of adorable, and the sheer enjoyment in his eyes were giving me an odd sense of warmth I hadn't felt before.

"Don't worry, those weak warriors will stand nothing against my wrath," seeing my horrified look because that's exactly what Sehun had done, Chanyeol broke into cold sweats.

"I'm just joking, Hani, chill."

I took him for his words, but Xiumin didn't; because he snorted, and I grinned at him.