Taffy

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to decline that," I said almost immediately, turning around to stand up from the bar and awkwardly walking away, the boys behind me with stares being shared around them walked away as well, following behind me, but the bouncy jumps with us told me Zina was following us too.

"Oh c'mon!" she pounced beside me, giving me a giant smile that reminded me more of a smirk. "It will be fun. It's nothing serious, I just want to see what you are capable of."

I continued walking, irritation slowly building inside me. I realized that the boys were silent, and I knew that they weren't comfortable enough to speak with Zina being here. It had always been like this, they didn't like to speak with other Wielders present, and they tried avoiding so all the time. Sometimes they couldn't stay silent, but it didn't mean they wanted to say anything. I searched around me for something to take as an excuse. I didn't trust Zina after I knew about her Wielding genes. She had been my friend, enough to grow some trust between us, but now? I don't think I trust her anymore.

"There is nowhere to battle anyways," I tried to reason, dodging her eye-roll. "Look around you, we are in a bar and it's stuffed with people. Normal people."

"That's okay," she scoffed as if I'm being ridiculous, which I know I wasn't. "We have the rooftop. This clubhouse belongs to my uncle and I'm sure he won't mind."

"What even is your rank? Are you sure you want to battle me? A fifth rank?" although I wasn't arrogant in nature, I tried playing by their rules. Everyone in the Wielding society knows fifth ranked Wielders are the strongest, and I'm sure Zina knows that fact as well. I didn't think she'd want to battle with me knowing that. Surprisingly, Zina snorted.

"I know you are a fifth rank, I'm not an idiot," she paused to give me a pleasant smile. "I'm a third rank, I'm not the one who's going to battle you."

I paused.

"What? Then who?" I turned to her incredulously, eyes wide, and I could tell the boys around me were stiffening and turning to look at her as well. She didn't pay them heed, her attention focused solely on me as if they didn't exist. It bothered me greatly that none of the Wielders gave them a single stare, unless they were interested in having them, I wondered when they'd get to live normally.

"My brothers. I've called them before to pick me because, this party sucks. But I think I'm starting to get entertained. I've never guessed in a billion year that you'd be a Wielder. We have known each other since when? And I've never thought you'd turn out to be like me. I had thought we were so different despite our similarities," Zina was blabbering by now, but I could tell her excitement was genuine.

"Your brothers?" that's probably the only thing that I had caught from the entire lecture she was spouting unceremoniously. "How many of them, exactly?"

"Only two. They're twins and both a fourth rank," she grinned then, especially after she glimpsed over my stupefied expression. "You are a fifth ranked Wielder so it's only fair both of them fight with you."

"What are you gonna do then?" I asked, wanting to find some sort of a loophole so that I can escape this situation. It was obvious my warriors weren't liking this idea as well with their frowns.

"I'll watch, of course," she answered as if it was so obvious, and that I'm an idiot. I was about to snort from my nose in annoyance, when Kyungsoo's voice was heard behind us.

"What's going on here?" he asked roughly, Sora no longer hanging off his arms and nowhere to be found. Zina gave him a mere stare, and then turned to me with a beam.

"Great! Another one! The more, the merrier."

"You want all of them to participate?" I stared at her as if she lost her head, and she burst into a delightful peel of laughter. I furrowed my eyebrows in anger. I didn't care that she wasn't mocking me, she still felt like it.