A Joyful Welcome Back

One day in the Ketchum residence there was a knock on the door. Delia Ketchum opens the door. "Yes," she asked then had a happy surprise on her face. "Ash you're back! And as handsome as ever,"she exclaimed giving him a nice big hug. "Nice to see you again too Mom," answered Ash as he returned the hug feel happy as well. Fifteen year old Ash Ketchum, Pokémon Trainer pushing himself to become a Pokémon Master, decided to visit his hometown Pallet. "And how are you Pikachu," she asked Ash's companion. "Pikapi" he said with a smile and jumped into her arms. "Come on in Ash, treat yourself like the good ol days you were with me." Ash nodded walking in with his bag. "And by the way, I have a surprise for you up in your old room. So why don't you put your stuff in there and take a look." "Alright Mom!" Ash took his bag with Pikachu back on his shoulder as always and went straight for his room.

"Pika-chu," questioned Pikachu. "Yea buddy. I want to know what the surprise is just as much as you do. Well here goes nothing." Ash opened the door and a gasped smile plastered on his face.

"WELCOME BACK ASH" shouted his two first traveling companions Misty and Brock.

"It's nice to see you back in Pallet Town after all these years. Even though it wasn't that long, said 20 year old Brock.

"And we really missed you and I'm glad you finally decided to come back," said fifteen year old Misty as they all went into a bear hug.

"I agree, said Ash. "I finally get to see my first companions after a long while, he said with a smile. Even Pikachu jumped off of Ash's shoulder feeling happy to see Misty's Azurill again after a long while. They already got along and started playing around again.

"Well before we start chit-chatting, lettuce (see what i did there XD) help you fix your things in place, said Brock while taking Ash's bag out of his hand.

Later on after they fixed his room, and during their talk Ash had an idea. "We should have a battle," he says putting his fist into the air. "Cool lets do it at m gym,' Misty suggested. "Sounds like a plan,' he answers with a thumbs up. So Ash, Misty, and Brock  went to the gym followed by Pikachu and Azurill to have a battle. "Me verses you Misty," Ash said giving her a wink. Misty nodded with a tint of pink on her cheeks while going towards the other side of the gym. "Ok Ash while you were gone I've trained my Pokemon long and hard so don't expect me to go easy of you. She had a determined smirk on her face. "I wouldn't want you to either and you know it Mist." He did the exact same smirk as her.

"I'm guessing in this battle you each will only use one Pokemon am I right," said Brock. They both nodded. "Take it away Brock!" "Alright on this side of the room we have gym leader Misty Waterflower. And on this side her challenger Ash Ketchum. May the battle begin!"

Misty took out a Pokeball . "Ok Staryu I choose you, Misty yelled throwing her Pokeball towards the water. Out came Staryu. "Just to be fair I was able to grab my Pallet Town Pokemon from professor Oak before I cam so... Pigeot I choose you!" "Pi-ge", exclaimed the Pigeot flying in the air. "Since I'm such a gentleman I'll let you take the first hit." "Why thank you Ash but you aren't much of a gentleman-" "Start the battle already. It sounds like an argument might start without the battle even beginning," said an uneasy Brock. Being the oldest he to be the mature one as always  especially 'cause of the history Ash and Misty had together, they don't always get along. "Sorry. Staryu use watergun." Staryu obeyed and sprayed a large amount of water towards Pigeot. "Pigeot quick dodge that." Pigeot dodged it on time. "Now use Quick attack."  Pigeot flew quickly towards Staryu. The Star Pokemon cartwheeled away from the attack dodging it. But Pigeot did the same attack a second time, giving the confused Staryu slow time to react giving it a direct blow. SPLASH! Staryu fell deep into the water. Did he give up? It comes back up standing on one of the floating toys in the gym water. Weakened, but still able to battle on. Misty got a bit uneasy at the attack but she stood her ground and kept her determined face on. "You alright Staryu?" Staryu nodded in response.

"Okay, now use rapid spin. Staryu started spinning at great speed they flew right towards Pigeot. Both Ash and his Pokemon were surprised at how fast the attack was. Pigeot tried to fly away from the attack quickly but Staryu somehow was able to hit his side and, like a boomerang, it came again making it a double hit. "GAH! How did your Pokemon do that," Ash yelled quite surprised. "I taught it of course," Misty said with a boastful grin. "Well I'm sure you did- quick Pigeot use Air Slash towards its middle." Quickly Pigeot used Air Slash and did a perfect shot right at Staryu's middle. Staryu fell backwards right to where Misty was standing. It seemed like the battle was over. Misty looked at her Pokemon with hope in her eyes. Staryu, slowly but surely, started getting up. Though a bit wobbly, it didn't think about ending the battle just yet. "What! How did he not faint after a strong attack at its center," Ash yelled with confusion. "I taught Staryu  to endure these kinds of attacks,answered Misty. "Right Staryu?" It nodded a yes. "I guess you have been training hard," Ash said with a grin. "Why is it now you realize," Misty answered with a pouty face.  "Heh sorry." He sweat dropped with a hand to his neck. "Ok lets end this! Staryu use...

Cliffhanger!  Who will win? Ash the so called Pokemon Master, or Misty the Water Gym Leader.

Stay tuned for chapter two!

SEE YAA!