Old Rivals New Friendship

"I guess you have been training hard," Ash said with a grin.

"Why is it now you realize," Misty answered with a pouty face.

"Heh sorry." He sweat dropped with a hand to his neck.

"Okay lets end this! Staryu use Hyper Beam!" Staryu quickly obeyed and let out a strong amount and force of water going straight for Pigeot. Pigeot could not dodge the large amount of water coming straight for it. The hyper beam attack hit Pigeot with such force it was pushed back and left it falling into the water. "NO!!" Ash yells as he stares into the water where his beloved Pokémon had fell into. A shadow suddenly formed in the water and out came Pigeot floating on the surface of the water with swirls replacing its eyes.

"Pigeot has fainted and therefore this round goes to Staryu. Misty is the winner of this match!" "You were awesome Pigeot," Ash says as we takes out his Pokeball and points it at the flying type. A red light flashed at it and the Pigeot was sent back into its Pokeball. "That was an awesome battle you two" Brock exclaimed walking up to them. "Thanks," they answered in unison. "Well next time we battle don't expect me to go so easy on you." "You shouldn't of underestimated me in the first place," Misty askwered with an irk mark appearing on her forehead. "I warned you I trained hard. Especially since I am the water gym leader after all." "It's not like I did," Ash muttered with a sweatdrop. She raised a concerned eyebrow.

"Hey guys," Brock started sensing an argument coming any minute if he didn't break in. "I have to run into town to get some food for the Pokémon at the center and daycare. "I see. Living up the dream of a Pokémon Breeder," Ash asked him with a grin. " Obviously so. This is something I dreamed of doing for a good long while. Now, are you guys coming with me?"

"Sure, Of course I'll go."

"I don't mind tagging along. Just let me close the gym doors first."

"Alright then let's go." "Wait up you guys," Misty yelled as she locked the gym doors. Brock and Ask were already up ahead of her. "What's with them always trying to leave me behind," Misty muttered as ran to catch up with them. As they walked into town Ash was amazed at how the city looked after the years he's been away. "A lot of things changed while I was gone." "It has. I guess you can say has been through a mega upgrade with the designs and its beauty. Many tourist has been visiting lately so they make the city look as presentable as possible,"answered Misty. "But the people are still as friendly as ever-."

"Is that you Ashy-boy?!" Ash and Misty turned to the owner of the voice and such name calling. Except maybe him Misty says to herself. Ash blinked his eyes in disbelief. "G.Gary?!" "The only and only," he answered with a smirk. His appearance changed quite a bit, Ash started thinking to himself. His brunette hair still spiky as usual but actually got a bit longer. He definitely got taller, well he was always taller than me. And he had the usual necklace around his neck but was wearing white lab coat. Similar to Professor Oak's. Is his personality the same?

"You changed quite a bit Gary." And with that Ash suddenly started ruffling his hair.

Gary fought back the slight flush trying to appear on his face as he swats Ash's hand away. "I guess I have. Like what you see?" Ash mentally rolled his eyes. Yup, his personality is still the same.

Gary looked towards Misty and they gave each other a blank stare. Then Gary smirked. "Long time no see Misty. I see your spending time with your lover or boyfriend should I say."

"Huh?!" Exclaimed the pair.

"She's not my girlfriend Gary!" Even though Ash tried to  be as calm and collected as he can failed and ended up yelling.

"And he's not my lover," Misty yelled even louder than Ash did.

Gary put up his hands in defense. "Chill out guys I was only joking. Now you guys sound even more like a couple." He muttered the last part out. "What was that Gary," they yelled in unison. "Nothing," Gary quickly fired back trying not to get himself pummeled verbally by the pair.
"Plus, we were actually here with Brock." There was a sudden pause. Ash and Misty gazed left and right."Where's Brock?"
As if on cue, Brock popped up walking towards with Pokemon food bags in his hands. "Sorry I ran off without saying anything," he started then sees Gary and acknowledges him. He nods in return. "As I was saying, I had to go get some food now or later.  I would love to stay and chat but I have to check on the Pokemon. Hope you understand Ash.  Maybe we can catch up some other time." "Goodbye then Brock," they say as he waves at them walking at the opposite direction from them. 
Silence briefly filled the air. "Speaking of girlfriend, how come your cheerleader girlfriends from when we were kids aren't here following you around," Ash asked with a sly smile. "Them? They left me be once they heard I wanted to become a researcher like my grandfather. It's no big deal really, unless your jealous." Gary returned the sly smile that was given unto to him. "Jealous?! Me?! I wouldn't want to be your pathetic cheerleader anyways." Misty only sighed watching the scene go down in front of her.

"Oh really. I wouldn't mind you being my cheerleader Ash," Gary said with a change in his tone as he swiftly takes Ash's cap off his head and fans himself. "Whatever man give me my hat back!" Ash yells trying to get his cap into his reach. Teasingly, Gary started moving the cap back and forth then finally up in the air. Because he was taller than him, Ash struggled a bit to get on his toes to reach his cap. Gary gently pushed him back. 
"Relax Ash. I'll put it back on your head for ya."
"I can do it myself though Gary."
"Ehh I'm the one who took it off in the first place.  Plus who has the cap at the moment." Gary started mockingly hover his hat over his head. Ash pouted as Gary fixed the cap on his head in its usual position. "Well that was fun," Gary said smirking. Ash only huffed still pouting a bit. "You boys will never change," Misty said crossing her arms. They sweatdropped at the female's comment. 
Gary looked at time on his watch and stretched. "Well it was nice talking with you guys, but I should get going. Oh and Ash." "Yea Gary?" "Think about it.  About the cheerleader thing," he answered with a smirk and turned around. Ash growled under is breath and Gary only chuckled. He put a hand in his pocket and the other up in the form of a wave. "Hope to see your again Ash. Later Misty." He says as he starts walking away from them his hand still in the air.  "Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever fully get him." Ash chuckled at Misty's response as she smiles.
"That's Gary for ya!"

Once again sorry about the delete. I'm surprised I was able to finish this chapter on the same day. The main parts are still the same but I just changed the details a bit. It's actually longer now. Well hope you enjoy.

If you do read it...