Chapter - 12

She woke up and was still bound but her bonds were loose enough, she quickly jumped out of the bed and went to the window, it was dark outside but she was still puzzled “Why didn’t Dandi help me?” she thought.
She turned only to jump back in shock. There was someone staring right at her.
It was Dandi with dandelion yellow wings on her back, she had her hands on her hips and an annoyed expression on her face. “Well bout time! I have been waitin for you for sooo long. Come on we don’t have much time they are coming to getch you, we need to ensure you’re back in your original form or you’re doomed. Hurry!” Dandelion grabbed her hand and whisked her away from the room. They ran up a flight of stairs towards the terrace.

Heaving heavily Dandi said “OK so now you jump and you are home free. Alrigh?”
“OK” she agreed. She stood up on the edge with no one to witness this moment.

As she stood on the edge she could feel the wind tossing her hair playfully, and caressing her moonlit scars. She felt like herself again “It’s time to be free. I can finally go home now.”
And with that her feet left the edge and she was falling, this time without any fear of becoming one with the all-consuming darkness. She was almost home she could feel them once more, the wind in her wings, she was complete, she was whole again and she smiled.

She was finally home again.