Chapter 3

Keith wasn't good with words but this was inexcusable.

He should have tried harder to control himself. If Keith had remotely tried to court Lance this wouldn't had happened. Now he was alone in the dark to with Lance's scent... their scent. Keith was sitting on a pile of boxes, hunched over, his face clutched in his hands. Angry tears slipping down his face. Keith began to pull his hair in frustration and mentally cursed himself for what he did.

JUST GREAT KEITH! YOU DUMBASS! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO LANCE!? HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A CHOICE!!! YOU QUIZNAKING FORCED HIM TO BE YOUR MATE!! YOU DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO WIN HIS AFFECTIONS!! YOU WENT AND TOOK WHAT YOU SELF PROCLAIMED YOURS!!! YOU EVEN HURT SHIRO!! YOUR OWN BROTHER!! I AM SO SORRY LANCE.... I AM SO SORRY SHIRO!

Keith got up and began to take out his frustration on the piles of boxes. His breathing was shaky and tried to hold back tears. He kicked them and punched them til they all were on the floor and scattered. Angry tears spilled out from his face.

Why do we have to have dynamics? This all happened because I am an Alpha. A stupid, reckless, and selfish Alpha. Lance I am so sorry. You deserve so much better.

Keith felt a small pain shoot through his body. He felt pain that wasn't his own.

Bonded Scents.... emotions....and souls. I can feel what Lance is experiencing....
_______________________________________

"Owwwwwwwww!!!! Hunk it hurts!!!!!" Lance yelled cupping his wound.

Hunk held a rubbing alcohol dipped cotton swab carefully. His face was a mix of exasperation and concern. Of course he want to help disinfect Lance's mark but his friend was being extremely uncooperative.

"Come on Lance. Look we need to get that wound cleaned. Do you want to get it infected?" Hunk said in a firm mom voice.

It immediately worked since Lance gingerly uncovered his mark. Lance's face still had trails of tears. Hunk inched the swab carefully to the irritated purple area. Lance tensed up waiting for the disinfectantion. He hissed in pain as soon as the swab touched the mark. Tears trickled out of his eyes once again. Hunk felt guilty about putting his friend into even more pain, but who knows if Keith even brushed his teeth today. Dirty teeth marking one's scent glands is both gross and extremely unsanitary. So to prevent infection, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Once the pain subsided, Hunk was able to slightly dab the area with a dry cloth. He then softly grabbed Lance's shoulder before speaking.

"Hey buddy. I am going to have to bandage it up. It's still an open wound even if it's not bleeding anymore. Okay?"

Lance didn't give a verbal answer but slightly shook his head up and down, to indicate he was okay with being bandaged. Hunk grabbed a gauze pad, and bandages from the counter of the infirmary. He pressed the gauze pad gently on Lance's mark and unrolled the bandages. He was fast but careful when wrapping the bandages around Lance's neck. When he was done he secured the bandage by tucking it in the other layers.

Lance didn't move from the inspection table. He sat in silence with Hunk by his side. Minutes passed by with out them speaking. Hunk's scent was familiar and comforting to Lance. Fresh bread and golden wheat. In his head he relived everything.
What went wrong? Why did Keith attack Shiro? Why did Keith do the unthinkable? Was marking him a cruel joke?

No. The real Keith would never disrespect Marking. Would he? Lance didn't want to think about that possibility. There was one thing that Lance needed to know at that moment. Only Hunk can provide him an answer. His voice hurt a bit so he cleared his throat a bit.

"H-Hunk is S-Shiro o-okay?" Lance said in a low voice and couldn't help but stutter.

Hunk couldn't lie to his best friend. He had to know the truth of the situation.

"Shiro.... He is not doing good...Allura, Pidge, and Coran got him to a healing pod. I know you might not want to talk a out it but could you tell me what happened? If you tell me, I could tell the others for you so you don't have to keep reliving."

Lance unconsciously started to cletch his fist so hard his nails were digging into his palm. With a shaky breath he tried to speak.

"I-It ha-appened s-so fast. T-That couldn't have been K-Keith. The K-Keith I know w-would n-never hurt
S-Shir-o. H-He wasn't right i-in his mind. Shiro he l-let it happen, h-he didn't want to hurt Keith. I t-tried to hold him back from S-Shiro. I was weak. When Shiro lost consciousness he-he took me into a room. He probably still in there! T-Then he pushed me on t-he floor. K-Keith m-marked me, Hunk... I thought I wanted this, I should be happy but no. W-What he did was w-wrong. T-That doesn't change that we are now bonded... I don't know what to do.."

More of Lance's tears spilled and cried into his hands. Hunk felt his friends sorrow and engulfed Lance in a soothing hug. His pheromones didn't have the same calming property Lance possessed but it did keep Lance grounded. Eventually he was able to be stable.

"Hunk. I have loved him for so long. I can feel him. He is angry but he is sad. I want to help him but I need time to myself. I want to go to my room."

Hunk complied to Lance's wish and piggy back rided him to his room. Hunk set Lance on his bed and watched Lance bury himself in the blankets.

"I will vist you later. Get some rest buddy." Hunk said walking out.

Hunk mad his way into the pod room. Pidge was the first to smell him and waited for him at the door. Allura and Coran were watching Shiro's health on the monitors. Allura stared intently at the percentages. Hoping be will be ok.

"Did you find Lance? What wrong? Did you kick Keith in the butt?" She began to ask clearly wanting answers.

"About that, this is a lot more serious
than we thought."

Allura, Coran and Pidge looked at Hunk with wide eyes, their faces draining of color, and panic striken across their body language. Allura was the one to ask.

"How bad?"