Chapter 5

A/N
Get ready for the feels train. Toot Toot.

Keith was not good with words but Lance did not deserve it.

Lance was tossing and turning in his bed everything was too hot. His hair was curling and was panting. His dreaming was vivid and looked like flashbacks. In his dreams he saw pieces of life play like a movie at a cinema.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

"Mama! Look at this drawing I made for you at preschool!" Said Lance running towards a short tanned omega woman with short curly black hair and sparkling caramel eyes.

He had gotten off the school bus and only focused on his mother. She looked young too young. She smiled at her little boy and graciously accepted the drawing.

"It's beautiful Lance! When we get home I'll put it on the refrigerator! Come on let's head home." She said holding her son's hand.

Lance was quiet for a while until he spoke up.

"Mama? Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course baby."

"Why are you not mated or marked? I saw that all the other kids had two parents. Why do I only have you?"

His mom's smile fell and her eyes lost her sparkle.

"Baby that is a tough story to tell. I promised one day when you are older I will tell you. But remember I will always love you. I love you so much that it doesn't matter if I don't have a mate. Okay baby?"

"Yes, Mama. I love you too."
—————————————————————————————————————————————

"Isn't that Delilah? She is so young! Look at her only 22 years old and with a 5 year old boy! Why is she not mated?" Said an old woman to another woman while they were sitting at Park bench watching Lance and his mom swinging at the swing sets.

They looked so happy and in their own little word.

"Oh you don't know. Poor thing that Delilah. She was attacked by an older alpha who was in a rut crazy . She was only 17 at the time. But she decided to keep her pup and dropped out of school to get a job to support them. Her pup's name is Lance."

"No matter what her circumstances are she does really love her son doesn't she?"

"That Delilah would give her son the entire ocean if she could."

—————————————————————————————————————————————
"Mama do you think I will ever find a mate?" Said a 15 year old Lance who had his head laying on his mother's lap. His freckled cheeks were wet with tears.

"Yes. Even if you did present as an Omega like me, you will find your mate. I am sure of it. You just have to choose your mate wisely and take courting seriously. Because once you are Marked you will be bound to that person for life." Delilah said comforting her son while running her fingers through his light brown hair.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

"Ah! I can't believe my baby is going to be a pilot at the Garrison! I am the proudest mother alive!" Delilah said with tears prickling her eyes when she saw Lance step out in his Garrison uniform.

"Mama technically I am a cargo pilot... that is literally the worst place to be the Garrison."

"Oh hush! You worked hard for this! I am sure you will work your way to fighter class in no time. You have the fighter spirit in you. I know you can do it." Delilah said holding both of her son's hands in her own.

————————————————————————————————————————————-

Lance's heart was racing.

All he could think about was violet eyes and dark raven hair.

Lance had just witnessed the Garrison's rising pilot after Takashi Shirogane beat the school record. Keith... his name was Keith Kogane. He was talented but a major hot head. He picked fights with teachers but made up for it with skills. Lance could only dream of ever reaching Keith's level of flying.

He hated him.

But

He couldn't ignore his growing feelings on Keith.

He wanted to be Keith's. Lance wanted to run his finger through Keith's thick dark hair. He wanted to kiss those pale lips. He wanted to melt in Keith's violet gaze. Lance wanted to be the one to make that boy laugh and smile. But in his heart he knew he was setting himself up for heartbreak.

Why would Keith ever look at him?

He was a lowly cargo pilot, a loser, and worst of all an omega male that the Garrison hated.

Lance fell to the floor of his room, brought his knees to his chest and cried. He couldn't take this anymore.
—————————————————————————————————————————————

Keith was gone.

Lance's world shattered.

He was bumped to fighter class.

But not in the way he wanted.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Lance woke up with a scared and took a deep breath. He was shaking uncontrollably with his eyes wide in fear. The pain in his neck arose and gently placed a hand on it. This was real, Keith was his mate. But not how he dreamed it would happen. Lance felt nothing. It was all monochrome to him. He didn't know what to do anymore. He was 17 and was attacked just like his mother but he was mated. Oh his poor mother. What would she think now? Her baby was harmed just like her. Lance's lip trembled and his ocean eyes slightly spilled tears.

"I'm sorry, Mama."