Come Back Soon

Historia sighed as she looked out her window.

You'd think she'd be happy. She was a Queen for the Walls sake! She was the ruler of the three walls. She had just about anything at her fingertips.

Except her.

Historia turned her gaze to the note folded neatly on her bedside table. It had rested there for just over a year now, collecting dust. She'd trade her luxurious lifestyle and riches just to have Ymir back, humanity forgotten in the dust. But that just wasn't how it worked.

Historia still wondered when she was coming back. Or even if she was still alive out there beyond the walls.

Or maybe she wasn't coming back for her at all. Maybe she was better off without her.

"Are you still out there Ymir?" She whispered, her forehead against the glass of the window. "If, by some miracle you can hear me, I'll wait for you to come back. So please come back soon." She sighed, closing her eyes.

Creak...

She tipped. And fell.

She could feel a scream try and reach out of her throat, but there was only silence as she plummeted to her death.

She closed her eyes tightly in terror.

I'm not ready to die! I haven't seen Ymir yet!

She felt herself hit the ground. Wait, no, it wasn't the ground. It was warm.

She opened her eyes hesitantly, only to find chocolate brown eyes looking back at her.

"Hey Princess."

"Ymir...?" Historia wrapped her arms tightly around her neck, tears in her eyes.

"I'm back. I'm back."

<><>Alternate Ending<><>

Later that day, guards went to check up on Historia as she had missed dinner.

They found her window open. Looking down below, the spotted a small red dot.

When they went down to check, all they found was the remains of the Queens fallen body.

END