CHAPTER 5 (e)

Samira's p.o.v:

Since that incident, it had been a month. In this two months Amar and Alisha became more close to me. Aarav, Riya and Arjun never talked to me and I never tried to talk as I was busy in studying for exams. Today results will be declared of freshman year and sophomore year.

Everyone are nervous as today our results will be out. But in these two months Aarav's thoughts never left me. My trance got broke by Jiya who was standing near my bedroom doorway.

"Sis, Are you ready?" Jiya asked.

"Why are you impatient Jiya?" I asked.

"Sis, today our results will be declared. So I'm excited." She said. I smiled seeing her antics and shook my head.

"Princess, honey come down fast." Mom shouted from downstairs.

"Coming Mom." We replied in unison.

We went downstairs and I opened my laptop. When I checked our results I was on cloud nine and tears started flowing.

"What happened princess? Why are you crying?" Dad asked, concerned.

"No dad, these are happy tears." I said wiping them.

"Sis now tell me my percentage without any delay." Jiya said, tensed.

"You got 94% and I got 96%." I said.

"What? I got 94%?" She asked and I nodded.

She started jumping immediately. She pulled me into a bear hug. We laughed seeing her.

"Congratulations princess and honey." Mom and dad said and kissed our foreheads.

"Thanks Mom, dad." We said in unison and had a family hug.

Our moment was interrupted by Door bell.

"Mom I'll see." I said. She nodded.

As I opened the door, I saw him after two months. He came along with others standing in all his glory.

"Who is it princess?" Dad asked coming into hall.

"Dad it's Aarav, Riya, Arjun and Anuhya." I said moving aside so they can enter inside.

"Hello uncle." Aarav greeted.

"Hello Aarav. How are you? How much is your percentage?" Dad asked.

"I'm fine. And I got 93% and these three got 88%." He said and I was happy for him.

"Congratulations." Dad said to them.

"Thanks uncle. We want to talk to Sam. Can we go out?" He asked.

"Sure beta. No problem you can take her." Mom said.

"Princess come home early we need to celebrate this occasion." Dad said.

"Okay dad until then you guys get ready." I said.

"We will always be ready sis. It's you who is always late." She said teasing me.

"You wait until tonight, you asked me something. You will not get that." I said playing along with her.

"Okay, okay. Sorry sis. You people carry on. See you tonight." She said and left along with mom and dad.

"Guys give me 10mins I will be back." I said and they nodded.

I found their behaviour weird but I brushed it off. After 10mins I got ready in knee length frock and left my hair loose and went down.

"Shall we move?" I asked.

"Let's go guys." Aarav said without meeting my gaze.  While we were going out my phone started ringing.

"Hi Alisha." I said.

"Hi just a minute I'm connecting Amar too." She said.

"Hi Amar." I said.

"Congratulations." They said in unison.

"Thank you. Same to you two." I said smiling.

"Sam." Aarav called me.

"Just a minute. Hold on." I said on the call.

"Aarav we all can't fit in one car. So you people come like last 6months. I will come in my car." I said. They nodded and left.

While talking in Bluetooth I drove to cafe. I arrived before them. I hung up the call and we all went inside cafe and sat in our usual spot and ordered our drinks.

"Congratulations to you all." I said.

"No need of that all formalities." Anuhya said.

"Aarav what happened?" I asked him ignoring her.

"We should ask you that question Sam." Arjun said.

"How can you do like this?" Riya asked me. Now I'm getting annoyed.

"Just stop all this and come to point." I snapped at them.

"Why are you avoiding us from last 5 months?" He asked me.

"Aarav it was you guys and not me. You left me for myself when Anuhya came along." I said while I was controlling my anger.

"Yeah, now I understand why you were avoided us." He said and I was puzzled.

"Because you were jealous of our friendship and our relationship." Riya and Arjun said.

"Enough is enough. You guys very well know what importance you have in my life." I said at the verge of crying.

"That is the reason you're jealous." Aarav said. I was shocked and hurt.

"Jealous my foot." I said and left the cafe.

I went home. Later that night I went out for dinner along with Mom, Dad and Jiya. But all the time Aarav's words kept repeating themselves in my mind.

He BLAMED me. How can he? How can he not trust me? His best friend?

How can he?